• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT released today (and other AIBs soon?)

Soldato
These AIB cards look great but at these prices you're better off going with a 2070 super.
The equivalent 2070s are £100 more, how on earth is that better value for cards that about on par in terms of performance? Put it another way is £100 worth paying for the few titles that use ray tracing?

Personally I think this level of card is about £150-£200 to high as it is for what are just mid range cards but out the two the 570XT is quite a bit ahead given the software suite AMD now has.

Soldato
The equivalent 2070s are £100 more, how on earth is that better value for cards that about on par in terms of performance? Put it another way is £100 worth paying for the few titles that use ray tracing?

Personally I think this level of card is about £150-£200 to high as it is for what are just mid range cards but out the two the 570XT is quite a bit ahead given the software suite AMD now has.

Agreed. I've paid a bit more than I'd like but that's the current market. Paying £100 extra for an equivalent (to the 5700XT Red Devil) 2070S would have made even less sense. I'll upgrade if and when big Navi hits 2080Ti+ speeds and drops below £700. I don't expect to be upgrading until 2021 based on those criteria.

Associate

I think the reference 5700xt's are good value if you can handle that jet engine. Not sure where you are getting £150 to £200 difference if you are looking at AIBs which is a real equivalent . The Sapphire Pulse is £440 and you can pick up a 2070 Founders for £475 or a Gigabyte for £510.

Ray tracing aside, Nvidias drivers are better and from the majority of tests I've seen the card is a better performer. We're not getting the value from the 5700xt AIBs everyone expected.

Associate
I think the reference 5700xt's are good value if you can handle that jet engine. Not sure where you are getting £150 to £200 difference if you are looking at AIBs which is a real equivalent . The Sapphire Pulse is £440 and you can pick up a 2070 Founders for £475 or a Gigabyte for £510.

Ray tracing aside, Nvidias drivers are better and from the majority of tests I've seen the card is a better performer. We're not getting the value from the 5700xt AIBs everyone expected.

The reference isn't a jet engine mate, and it's definitely one of the better blower based coolers I've ever owned, if not THE best. People have made far too much out of the heat/noise 'issue' with these cards, and for me it's been an absolute non issue.

As for the AIB designs, talk about overpriced and - quite literally - under-delivered! :p

Associate

win some lose some but o so close rx 5700 xt for me :):rolleyes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAPJX2CG6zc ;)

Associate

Got the Sapphire Pulse for £424.99 coming next week / RTX 2070 SUPER allways out off stock:p:o

Associate
I was considering waiting for a 5700XT AIB but decided against it due to having no Eta on the release and having a new build waiting for a GPU. Ended up going for an RTX 2070S - weren't happy with the pricing structure of either card to be honest but when choices are limited...

Soldato
Not really as they're £100 more expensive for a tiny gain dependent on title - at best. Of course you do get access to NV's blurry RTX mess so that's something.

it’s not all about numbers, the 5700XT Red Devil and the 2070super strix OC both have 10 phase VRMs and triple fans.

is this worth £100 over the reference cards? to me it is worth paying the extra if on air cooling, on water i need a card to test but i have a feeling that like the 1080FE versus 1080Hof the bigger surface area of the pcb plus better vrms will mean the cards run cooler.

just having an average frame graph war, like we tend to do on this forum does not give the whole story.

Soldato

You've misread my post. My point about the £150-£200 was a general point about the 5700xt/2070s product position being to high for mid range cards not a specific point that one card was £200 more then the other.

Back
Top Bottom