• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire Trixx Boost Not Working

Soldato
So the nifty feature in the Sapphire Trixx software called "Trixx Boost" which can increase resolution and do various image scaling doesn't seem to work, No clue why, I picked the resolution I wanted to "boost" up to, In this case it would be 4854x2052, Mainlt for older games to eliminate aliasing and smoother looking screenshots.

My native is 3840x1600, And for some reason the chosen res in Trixx doesn't show in any game or Windows resolution options, Using a 6950XT.

Anyone encountered this issue before ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I didn’t realise this could increase resolution I thought it was just like RSR? I’ll have to test it tomorrow and see.

It raises the res if you pull the slider over to the quality side and lowers it if you pull it over to the performance side, It's probably another incompatibility with the 6950XT and my monitor i.e no VSR support.

Soldato
Is your card sapphire versh? If not, it won't work, it'll only work with Sapphire cards apparently. It worked fine a while back with a sapphy 6600 pulse I was trying out, but refused to work with a powercolor 6700xt I was trying out when I replaced the rx6600.

When it works properly, (ie: with a sapphire card) it does a bang up job and image degradation isn't an issue unless you go looking for it)

Soldato
OP
Is your card sapphire versh? If not, it won't work, it'll only work with Sapphire cards apparently. It worked fine a while back with a sapphy 6600 pulse I was trying out, but refused to work with a powercolor 6700xt I was trying out when I replaced the rx6600.

When it works properly, (ie: with a sapphire card) it does a bang up job and image degradation isn't an issue unless you go looking for it)

Yep it's the Sapphire 6950XT Toxic LE, I can click apply after choosing the resolutions, Screen flickers and nothing else happens.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for bumping this, you reminded me I forgot to try it out. :D

EDIT

@Dicehunter You cannot increase the resolution as I thought above. Only decrease, at least using a 4K display anyway.

Yeah I just tried the performance end of the slider and that works but the quality end does not, Anything over 3840 is a no go sadly, Well here's hoping AMD eventually catch up to Nvidia in the DSR/VSR department then considering I can use a 4 year old 2000 series Nvidia card and enable 8K ultrawide on my display but a 2 month old AMD card can't.

Soldato
OP
Just a thought, but RSR in the AMD drivers would do virtually the same thing, I've been using that for awhile and it appears to be virtually the same thing.

Yep but I'm looking at increasing resolution like VSR/DSR not decreasing it which sadly appears to be impossible as AMD do not support my monitors resolution of 3840x1600 and Trixx seems to go off the drivers limit.

I have my fingers crossed AMD will remedy it in the future.

Associate
What resolution do you run with RIS and VSR enabled?
4K down to 1440p native. Using it with WH40K: Inquisitor Martyr and it does a great job, looks far better than the awful (in fairness it is marked as experimental in the menu) TAA implementation in that game. I'm not using RIS with it in that, and when I have in the past it was on a very low setting, as I found it can introduce some pronounced jaggies of it's own.

Caporegime
Thanks @Dicehunter for reminding me about Virtual Super Resolution (VSR). I've started using it with my 6950 XT in Football Manager 2022 to run the game at 8K resolution and it has really helped to improve the basic graphics of the game.

It's actually offering more benefit than Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) which is what I was using previously to significantly improve image quality (IQ) in this title.

Unfortunately, it seems like RIS is not compatible with VSR, which would be the ultimate in IQ boost in Football Manager.

Soldato
OP
Thanks @Dicehunter for reminding me about Virtual Super Resolution (VSR). I've started using it with my 6950 XT in Football Manager 2022 to run the game at 8K resolution and it has really helped to improve the basic graphics of the game.

It's actually offering more benefit than Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) which is what I was using previously to significantly improve image quality (IQ) in this title.

Unfortunately, it seems like RIS is not compatible with VSR, which would be the ultimate in IQ boost in Football Manager.

Don't tease a bitch XD

I'd love to use VSR for some older games I play, Alas no support for me :(

Associate

*scrambles to replace current gpu with 6950xt for this exact reason*

Back
Top Bottom