• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire Vega 56 pulse noise

Associate
OP
Does a 750watt evga supernova qualify?

There is a thread somewhere on here about it with a tier list I think. Depends which EVGA PSU it is rather than rated W.

Did you try enabling Radeon Chill? Give it a try if not.

Yeah, I tried it. It's still there but it's less but it lowers my frames so it was to be expected. 60fps feels 'ugh to me on FPS games.

Associate
When talking bad, how loud is classed as loud?

Currently only just got the card. Ran at default and now currently benchmarking at 1600 and 950.

When the GPU is at 100% I certainly here it. It isn't a squeal like my 7950 did. It's slightly louder but sounds more like a scratching sound.
I originally opened my case as it makes the same sound as if you have a wire rubbing against a fan. Like a vibrating kind of sound.
Is this the usual sound of coil whine for this card?

I suppose when gaming you have sound on and if watching YouTube etc it ain't going to hit 100%.

I'm just asking how audible is classed as normal and loud that you folk get?

Mines a wire rubbing on a fan kinda sound!?

Soldato
The "buzzing" kind of coil whine is certainly common, yes. In fact, I've had that with cards far more often than an actual whining sound. Personally, I've never found using a different PSU to make a bit of difference, or for it to have gone away with extended use. As for what classifies as "loud", that'd be purely subjective and down to personal opinion. Some won't tolerate it at all. Personally, despite being incredibly anal about how quiet my system is at idle, I don't really have so much of an issue with noises that only appear when the card's under heavy load, because it'll almost always be being drowned out by the game I'm playing. Silence on the desktop is far more important to me.

Back
Top Bottom