• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire X1950pro pci-e running hot.

Associate
Is it normal for this card to run in the 50s when idle and then right upto low 100s when under strain.

Sat here now its running at 47 degrees. After 1/2 hour or so of Armed Assault the card is running at 102-104 degrees. Seems a little hot to me.

Can anyone with the same card clear this up for me?

I got 3 fans in my case in total. front fan, cpu fan and the one on the x1950.

Just give the heat sink a real clean but could do with some compressed air tbh.

Still running at 50degrees at moment but fan aint running at 100%. Will report back after some gaming.

The 50's are perfectly fine for idle, thats normal, my old x1800 XT used to idle about 54-54, but underload was around 74-76, over 100 underload is way to hot, is the fan definately picking up speed the hotter it gets.

Ahh sorted, nice one. :)

no it never but i have the HIS card if that makes any difference. i have no reason to lie do i....... i also have decent cooling and ran my vga fan at 100%

you also might want to check what temps the fan picks up speed, i'm quite sure mine never went above 30 odd % until it hit 70c according to the bios.

Back
Top Bottom