Sat nav nicked off dash, covered by fully comp?

Associate
Basically I left my car by the road in a pretty quiet place while me and a mate rode bikes for probably 2 hours, and came back to find the window through and sat nav gone. The thing making me think its not covered is that it was on the windscreen still (stupid me thinking 2 hours on a quiet road with no pavements was safe :mad:) and I think that means its not covered. Anyone know about this? Insurance is fully comp.

Associate
OP
Yeah I think thats how its gonna go, first car 3 months or so into the insurance I dont need another year at £2200 on a £2300 car. ****ing hate this city right now.

Associate
OP
Disco boy, or anyone else who wants to point out that was my fault, seriously hold your tongue. The amount of times Ive had something of mine or my families taken from me this last few years is beyond belief. Im sure I should have learned a lesson by now, but my fault? Think thats a bit far to be honest. Add to that I feel bad enough that I left it out already without your genius insight pal.

Soldato
If it makes it any better ive had a car broken into and a sat nav cradle stolen off the passenger footwell, only to be discarded down the road. They rifled the glove box, ignored the headunit, gtech, everything and stole some £15 john lewis Sun glasses. I had to drive 60 miles home when it was 4 degrees outside, got back so cold I had a headache for two days

Associate
OP
Matt82, sounds similar to what happened today. They left my bike is the wierdest thing. To some scumbag its just a BMX i suppose but its worth a LOT more than that sat nav. Also ignored my stereo which doesnt even clip in properly right now so would be easy pickings. They are just opportunists after a quick quid.
Jamief, you know those signs that say "Sarcastic pointless comments get on my nerves" or the ones that say "Dont bother working hard to earn things because you will get broken into at home, in your car, or have your bike nicked while you are bleeding and unconscious". Nah Ive not seen them either but I could do with some right now.

Soldato
It's only generally covered if its locked in a boot or lockable glove box, most policies state that that I've had. It's probably no consolation but see it as some scum bag druggy shortening his already worthless life even more with a cheap fix.

Soldato
Disco boy, or anyone else who wants to point out that was my fault, seriously hold your tongue. The amount of times Ive had something of mine or my families taken from me this last few years is beyond belief. Im sure I should have learned a lesson by now, but my fault? Think thats a bit far to be honest. Add to that I feel bad enough that I left it out already without your genius insight pal.

Simmer down.

Associate
If you leave it in sight then its practically an invitation, not rocket science really. Oppertunist thief most likely, they won't go looking if they can't see it first.

Soldato
TBH even IF you'd have left it in the glovebox, if there were grease marks from the suction cup on the window it probably still would have been nicked.

Learn the lesson and buy a new one

Associate
OP
Indeed, sorry if I seemed like I was blowing up a bit there, only I kind of was :D
I know 100% I shouldnt have left it on view, but to point out its my fault is a bit black and white for me. Maybe I shouldnt say I hate this city either, just felt a bit emotional with the amount of crap in such a short time.
Im aware the cost is now a write off, crappy sat nav anyway its just the cost even for the new window is more than I have to spend. When youre done paying for stuff you already owned to start with (nicked in last robbery), then this happens its just a last little insult.

ANYHOO, might have a look on ebay after payday, get a cheapo one.

Back
Top Bottom