1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saudi Arabia travel blog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MickeyFinns, Oct 4, 2017.

1. MickeyFinns

Man of Honour

Hey all!

I thought I'd keep up my series of occasional blog posts about less visited places. My business partner just got back from Saudi Arabia preparing for our tour groups there and I thought you all might find it an interesting read :)...

Removed the link as people were rightly worried about self promo rules. Apologies!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. FlakGunna

Perma Banned

Site not working for me.

3. Amp34

Caporegime

Sounds like pretty much anywhere else in the world, as you summed up in the last paragraph. Normal people are normal people the world over.

Never really considered Saudi as a place to go on holiday except for a trip into the empty quarter. It just doesn’t seem to have anything different to many of the other surrounding countries.

4. FlakGunna

Perma Banned

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /blog/2017/10/04/saudi-arabia-a-brief-journey-into-the-mysterious-kingdom/ on this server.

5. MickeyFinns

Man of Honour

Not sure why some people are being denied access? Anyone familiar with WordPress got any idea?

I've not been to Saudi yet myself, I should be there in March with our first tour.

6. Moses

Caporegime

At what point does this cross over into business/self-promotion? I can't say I'm tempted by the idea of going to Saudi - the idea of directly and indirectly supporting such a regime doesn't appeal.

I was just randomly clicking through parts and saw the Halabja attack referred to as genocide. It'd be much better to refer to it as a crime against humanity - calling it genocide is dubious at best, regardless of how the Iraqis refer to it.

7. Bobcat

Wise Guy

Interesting read, but reconfirms that its a part of the world i have no interest in seeing, the talk of even trying to get a taxi to get from A-B is not my cup of tea at all, screams of hassle and issues i dont wish to encounter on a holiday but each to their own.

Also agree with a previous comment about self-promotion to some extent as this is business related, but just my thoughts.

8. Ahleckz

Capodecina

I like your posts, but this guy doesn't do anything for me. Is this the first 'unusual' country he's ever been in? His taxi stories screams young backpacker with no proper experience. And let's be honest, the stories aren't wild. Whole thing seems "look at me, I'm so whacky for going to this country" rather than actually getting any insight into the place.

Mickey, keep writing yourself but don't plug this guy!