Savings accounts

Associate
Evening all.

Just wondering how many of you have a savings account and who its with.

Just trying to get the best deal on the market at the mo before i transfer all my money over.

Ideally i'd like one with an instant access to the money just incase i need it.

Cheers. :)

olv

olv

Soldato
I have a Natwest mini cash ISA. Good interest and fast access to my money when i need it. You can only put in £3000 per financial year though.

Don
I have a MAXI ISA not with a bank though (bestinvest, type of financial advisor) you can put mush more than a mini isa (£7k iirc) but takes a while to get the cash out.

Soldato
Natiowide Instant Access ISA (4.50% Gross p.a.)
Halifax Websaver (4.50% Gross p.a, 3.6% Net p.a.)

Haven't had a problem with either but I'm sure you can get better deals elsewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Alliance-Leicester online saver for me. It was 5.5% when I opened it, but has since dropped to 4.5 :( I'd switch it to another bank, but I've spent most of the money in it anyway ;)

Soldato
I've got one with ING Direct, I keep my student loan and all my other savings in there. 4.5%AER, I get about £15 a month interest from that. Very easy to transfer money to and from your current account with their online banking system too, which makes it more useful.

Soldato
TheVoice said:
I've got one with ING Direct, I keep my student loan and all my other savings in there. 4.5%AER, I get about £15 a month interest from that. Very easy to transfer money to and from your current account with their online banking system too, which makes it more useful.

ING direct here too ;)

Soldato
tesco instant savings - 4.5% there with no restrictions on withdrawals.

still waiting for them to up the interest in line with the bank of england - funny how it takes so long eh? ;)

amx

amx

Associate
BaZ87 said:
I have a MAXI ISA not with a bank though (bestinvest, type of financial advisor) you can put mush more than a mini isa (£7k iirc) but takes a while to get the cash out.

Isn't a Maxi-ISA higher risk than a Mini-ISA as the extra £4,000 can only be invested as stocks and shares (£3,000) and Insurance (£1,000). As far as I know, it is still limited to a £3,000 investment with guaranteed returns...?

Soldato
I opened a Natwest e-savings account yesterday, and whilst its rate of 4.05% AER is not the best, my primary current account is with Natwest and so any funds can easily be transferred between the two.

First Direct's is about the best at 4.75%.

Don
amx said:
Isn't a Maxi-ISA higher risk than a Mini-ISA as the extra £4,000 can only be invested as stocks and shares (£3,000) and Insurance (£1,000). As far as I know, it is still limited to a £3,000 investment with guaranteed returns...?
mine is invested in stocks and shares, not sure the exact details on Maxi-ISA's though

Man of Honour
Fusion said:
I opened a Natwest e-savings account yesterday, and whilst its rate of 4.05% AER is not the best, my primary current account is with Natwest and so any funds can easily be transferred between the two.
Im the same pitty they dont pay intrest very often though

Pho

Pho

Soldato
TheVoice said:

I'm with ING too. I've never had any problems with them either, and also get the nice 4.5% interest (you have to register for gross interest when you sign up) :)

Associate
I have three with Nationwide

E-savings, (you need a flex account (debit card) to have this)
MINI ISA and
Invest Direct.

The invest Direct is done all online too, but dont need to go into the branch to deposit money, you can do it through the ATM.

E-savings is all online and has a good interest rate, but cant remember it now though!

All very easy to manage through their excellent online banking system.

Back
Top Bottom