** SAY HELLO TO AORUS X7 V3 PRO: THE WORLDS FASTEST GAMING LAPTOP!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

The new Aorus X7 Pro V3 is now available to pre-order, with a pair of 970M in SLI the power of this laptop is insane!

Aorus X7 Pro V3-CF1 17.3" LED TFT, Intel Core i7-4870HQ, 16GB DDR3, 2x256 SSD RAID, 1TB HDD, Dual NVIDIA GTX 970M SLI - Windows 8.1 @ £1,999.99 inc VAT

LT-004-AU_400.jpg

AORUS X7 Pro AORUS X7 Pro delivers unrivaled gaming experience without sacrificing portability and practicality. AORUS products are crafted and engineered from the ground up to signify the timeless legacy of gaming, in which a spirit of ancient gamers is shining above and watching over all gamers, despite the time shift.

AORUS X7 Pro features NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M (3GB) dual graphics and 4th gen. Intel® Core™ i7 processor delivering immense performance, in a slate-like chassis. The exclusive Thermal+ Technology achieves class-leading cooling effect and unparalleled reliability and stability. Its understated design yet dynamic outlook marks this state-of-the-art gaming gear an effortlessly thrilling, technically dominant and precisely tuned gadget. AORUS' exclusive software and top-notch components altogether delivers the ultimate gaming platform with incredible portability. Though uncompromised gaming pleasure is aimed as the first priority, X7 Pro still makes a perfect companion for graphic computing and daily use. Discover X7 pro : a great combination of power, speed, style and agility.

Features:
- Extremely powerful Dual NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5 Graphics (6GB total)
- Vivid Full HD screen with wide colour gamut display
- AORUS Thermal+ Technology - dissipates heat effectively and provides constant stability!
- Superior Anti-Ghost Backlit Keyboard - Never Miss a Shot!
- Features NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround - Supports up to 3 displays for perfect gaming vision!
- AORUS Exclusive programmable Macro Hub simplifies routine operations
- Super Thin at only 22.9mm and extremely Lightweight at only 2.9Kgs
- Killer gaming Lan for seamless smooth online gaming

Specification:
- Screen Size: 17.3"
- Screen Type: LCD Wide Viewing Angle
- Backlight: LED
- Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 Full HD
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4870HQ, 2.4~3.6GHz
- Processor Clock Speed: 2.5GHz ~ 3.7GHz (Overclock)
- Graphics Chipset: 2 x NVIDIA GTX 970M SLI GDDR5 3GB
- Graphics Memory: 3GB each (6GB Total)
- Chipset: Mobile Intel® HM87 Express Chipset
- Hard Drive: 1000GB, 7200rpm
- SSD Drive: 2 x 256GB (RAID 0)
- Memory Supplied: 2 x 8GB 1866MHz
- Memory Size: 16GB 1866MHz
- Memory Socket: 4 x SO-DIMM 1866MHz
- Max. Memory Support: 32GB
- Operating System: Windows 8.1
- Audio: 2 x Speakers, 2 x Woofers, Microphone, AORUS Acoustic+ Technology
- LAN: Killer LAN Chip E2201
- Wireless LAN: 802.11ac
- Bluetooth Version: v4.0
- Webcam: 1.0 Megapixel
- USB 3.0 Port(s): 3
- USB 2.0 Port(s): 2
- HDMI Port(s): 1
- Mini Display Port(s): 1
- Surround Port(s): 1
- Card Reader: SD
- Microphone Jack(s): 1
- Headphone Jack(s): 1
- Security: Kensington Lock
- Battery: Li Polymer, 73.26Wh
- Dimension: 392 x 263 x 22.9mm
- Weight: 2.99Kgs
- Warranty: 2 Years

Only £1,999.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

HEXUS REVIEW!http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/76145-aorus-x7-pro/?page=9&key=1413991396http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/76145-aorus-x7-pro/?page=9&key=1413991396

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Well, we just couldn't wait to share this with OcUK forums, so today we go live and are able to take pre-orders:)

Gibbo and OcUK - always first !

Check the review, where the unit received Performance Award and some pretty amazing benchmark results..

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Any news on the P34W with a GTX970m or the Aorus X3 with a 970m?

I know I've had my issues with Gigabyte in the past but this caught my eye :)

Last edited:
Associate
Gaming performance is great, but I cant help but look at the CPU throttling and temperatures -
'unfortunately the X7 Pro struggles to cope with the heat that's generated. The 47W chip's all-core speed dropped from 3.3GHz to 2.7GHz during these challenging tests, and as a consequence the X7 Pro ends up bottom of the charts.'

Atom80, The heat and throttling are really evident on the review.. I know gaming performance is very good but the downsides are quite big?

Also I saw this on features - AORUS Thermal+ Technology - dissipates heat effectively and provides constant stability! - could you explain this? Thanks!

Associate
They are but price up a 980M SLI and it will be £400-600 more and as this is £1999 already it's quite a lot!

I have pre-ordered and can't wait, shame it happens to be on the 21/11/2014 as I am actually going to a LAN that evening!

Do we know if this is the date when OcUK:
- Takes delivery of the laptops?
- Dispatches the laptops?
- Expects them to be delivered?

*I also posted this in the other thread about v2 sale so sorry to repeat myself but this seemed more appropriate

Edit: Can you confirm that this also has an IPS display as the Hexus review states? There is no mention of it on the product page.

Last edited:
Soldato
They are but price up a 980M SLI and it will be £400-600 more and as this is £1999 already it's quite a lot!

About £400 more based on a quick config. The price however is irelevant to the statement at hand.

This Auros is a fantastic piece of kit but the statement that is is the fastest gaming laptop in the world is incorrect.

Caporegime
I am slightly confused as to why Gigabyte would limit this machine with only 3GB of RAM instead of the available 6GB of RAM... SLI is designed to handle heavier graphical loads, and surely 3GB will be a limitation at some point in the not too distant future?

Last edited:
Associate
About £400 more based on a quick config. The price however is irelevant to the statement at hand.

This Auros is a fantastic piece of kit but the statement that is is the fastest gaming laptop in the world is incorrect.

Ok but to get really pedantic, has there actually been any performance tests of a 980m in SLI yet I would love the see the results, they will be crazy! But I don't think any exist yet, even though you can order them! Until they actually exist, and have been tested, the statement is technically correct at the time it was written.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

I have pre-ordered and can't wait, shame it happens to be on the 21/11/2014 as I am actually going to a LAN that evening!

Do we know if this is the date when OcUK:
- Takes delivery of the laptops?
- Dispatches the laptops?
- Expects them to be delivered?

*I also posted this in the other thread about v2 sale so sorry to repeat myself but this seemed more appropriate

Edit: Can you confirm that this also has an IPS display as the Hexus review states? There is no mention of it on the product page.

Hi egOr,

We are working hard to get product here asap. The date of 21st, "should" be the date OcUK have received and can ship to customers, fingers crossed they come a couple of days earlier and make it for your LAN event !!

Regarding the screen, IPS is an actual brand of screen, and the actual spec with OcUK is correct. It's the same spec and standard as IPS, but is named as "wide viewing angle"....

I did notice this on the review also.

Hope that helps and thanks for your pre-order. Any firther questions let us know.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Gaming performance is great, but I cant help but look at the CPU throttling and temperatures -
'unfortunately the X7 Pro struggles to cope with the heat that's generated. The 47W chip's all-core speed dropped from 3.3GHz to 2.7GHz during these challenging tests, and as a consequence the X7 Pro ends up bottom of the charts.'

Atom80, The heat and throttling are really evident on the review.. I know gaming performance is very good but the downsides are quite big?

Also I saw this on features - AORUS Thermal+ Technology - dissipates heat effectively and provides constant stability! - could you explain this? Thanks!

Hi Kardam83,

To explain the Thermal+ Technology:

f running at the highest performance is more desired, then we would suggest to run it with “MAX FAN” for maximum heat dissipation in order to support the system running for the maximum performance.

The default “AUTO LOW SPEED” fan is designed for users who prefer some balance between performance and fan speed noise level.

The Thermal+ Technology is simply a marketing name the combination of design elements and positioning... as explained on our Web-site:

"Cooling is crucial to all instruments, especially a gaming lap this thin. AORUS exclusive Thermal+ technology substantially increases air intake and exhaust. Its superior mechanical design incorporates 6 thermal pipes, 4 vents and 2 fans, which optimizes air flow efficiency for excellent reliability & stability. Thermal parts are arranged to the rear for maximum coolness to your wrists"

At AORUS we are trying to fulfil a number of things with our products, the main one being Superior Gaming Performance (achieved), keeping chassis profiles slim, sleek and looking stunning (achieved) and obviously offering something unique and well priced in the market, again I think with all 4 notebook products launched so far we have achieved this also:)

There will always be compromises somewhere, but I think it is fair to say this machine achieved abundant positive results in the review, never seen before, and this is what we want to bring to the market.

Hope that helps clarify and thanks for your interest,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Kardam83,

To explain the Thermal+ Technology:

f running at the highest performance is more desired, then we would suggest to run it with “MAX FAN” for maximum heat dissipation in order to support the system running for the maximum performance.

The default “AUTO LOW SPEED” fan is designed for users who prefer some balance between performance and fan speed noise level.

The Thermal+ Technology is simply a marketing name the combination of design elements and positioning... as explained on our Web-site:

"Cooling is crucial to all instruments, especially a gaming lap this thin. AORUS exclusive Thermal+ technology substantially increases air intake and exhaust. Its superior mechanical design incorporates 6 thermal pipes, 4 vents and 2 fans, which optimizes air flow efficiency for excellent reliability & stability. Thermal parts are arranged to the rear for maximum coolness to your wrists"

At AORUS we are trying to fulfil a number of things with our products, the main one being Superior Gaming Performance (achieved), keeping chassis profiles slim, sleek and looking stunning (achieved) and obviously offering something unique and well priced in the market, again I think with all 4 notebook products launched so far we have achieved this also:)

There will always be compromises somewhere, but I think it is fair to say this machine achieved abundant positive results in the review, never seen before, and this is what we want to bring to the market.

Hope that helps clarify and thanks for your interest,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

So really its just marketing? because looking at that HEXUS review the temperatures are very high.. and also, the CPU throttling is quite bad, whats the point of having the 4870 when it won't even perform like it should?

Associate
I just read the Hexus review, the cpu temps were not that high imo, ~68 degrees due to the processor being programmed to throttle at just 70 C, as opposed to ~90 degrees which one would expect. Personally I care little about that, the cpu throttle is irrelevant in gaming as the benchmarks clearly show.

To any gigabyte reps. Could you give me clarification if the screen was an upgrade from previous X7 models, or is it the same panel?

Many thanks.

Associate
ive just placed my order for this so fingers crossed will be one of the first to get one from the first batch. Can you guys give an update if were still on track for 21st of november or earlier ? cheers :D

Associate
Fingers crossed for the 21st! :)

Atom80, is it possible to get an additional power cable for the new x7 Pro? I was just thinking it would be nice to have one plugged into the wall and one in the travel bag (ordered a B7 too because why not...) to save having to plug/unplug it all the time. I am extremely lazy! :)

I have had a look around and can't see where I can get one from?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I just read the Hexus review, the cpu temps were not that high imo, ~68 degrees due to the processor being programmed to throttle at just 70 C, as opposed to ~90 degrees which one would expect. Personally I care little about that, the cpu throttle is irrelevant in gaming as the benchmarks clearly show.

To any gigabyte reps. Could you give me clarification if the screen was an upgrade from previous X7 models, or is it the same panel?

Many thanks.

Hi LS_Chao,

Thanks for the feedback, and in answer to your query on the screen, we can confirm that the spec is improved for this model, still FHD but with Wide Viewing Angle spec.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
ive just placed my order for this so fingers crossed will be one of the first to get one from the first batch. Can you guys give an update if were still on track for 21st of november or earlier ? cheers :D

Hi Dazzy123,

We will update ETA as and when, but as far as we know the date is still good.

Thanks for your pre-order, appreciated.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Fingers crossed for the 21st! :)

Atom80, is it possible to get an additional power cable for the new x7 Pro? I was just thinking it would be nice to have one plugged into the wall and one in the travel bag (ordered a B7 too because why not...) to save having to plug/unplug it all the time. I am extremely lazy! :)

I have had a look around and can't see where I can get one from?

Hi egOr,

Yes it is possible to buy an additional power-cable, at the moment I can't find the email confirming contact details,,, but once I find it I will advise.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi egOr,

Yes it is possible to buy an additional power-cable, at the moment I can't find the email confirming contact details,,, but once I find it I will advise.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hi Guys!

To order spare parts please give our UK Team a call on 0844 8804528

Best regards,

Gigabyte UK Support

Back
Top Bottom