SBC Redesign

Associate
Hi,

I want to make an SBC to stream video from a tiny camera to a phone or pc over wifi. I've had partial success using ESP32 and raspberry pi and others, however, the stumbling blocks are always size of board and power.

What I want is a board that is around 12 to 15mm in width but can be as long as it (reasonably) needs to be, perhaps 60mm. All boards are square than that. Also, the boards I have tried all seem to be lacking power to push decent quality video over wifi and limit the resolution to, typically, 640 x 480 for a decent fps. I am looking for about 1200 x whatever and as close to 30fps as possible.

I am exploring the options for creating a new board layout for an existing SBC. The most powerful/smallest combination I have come across is the Banana Pi Zero. Though small, it isn't the right shape for what I am trying to do.

So, (finally), to the question: Is it feasible to use the BPZ (or other board, if there is a better option what would you recommend?) schematic but lay it out differently and, if need be, add more RAM and a battery recharging circuit but remove components that I don't need. Eg the GPIO holes and the HDMI port?

If so, what are the factors that affect the quality of the video stream that could be improved in the redesign?

Thanks for any help

C

Back
Top Bottom