SBS 2008 Standard and Terminal Services :(

Associate
Hi Guys,

I am in a slight prediciment at the moment, I am implementing an sbs 2008 server for a client and have realised post licenese purchase that sbs 2008 standard does not support terminal services for application sharing mode.

This is a feature that my client actually needs so I am wondering if anyone knows a third party solution that will give me terminal services on this sbs 2008 box?

Failing that, I am thinking that the only other solution is to spend extra money and purchase either a full version of 2008 in addition to sbs or purchase sbs 2008 premium which I have discovered comes with an additional full 2008 standard license?

Thanks all.

Soldato
I'd just buy a normal Windows 2008 (or 2003) license to run on a separate machine.

Depending on the spec of the hardware and load it will be under, you could get away with running it as a VM within the 2008 host

Associate
Don't forget you will still need TS CAL's - the SBS 2008 Licence only allows the installation of TS in Application mode on the other server, it does not cover the client access.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom