SC Clearance advice

Associate
Hi,

I’m currently going through an SC clearance and worrying about the whole process. I’m currently 28 years old and when I was 13/14 years old I was arrested for I can only guess as assault (high school fight) I was taken to a youth court and found guilty, I had to pay compensation to the other person and do some community service.

I have declared this on my SC application but worried it may hinder my result.

I was also taken into the police station on a different occasion at the age of around 12/13 for having a vocal argument with my mum and the neighbour called the police. I really can’t remember much about this so don’t know if I was arrested or cautioned. I was taken to the station for an adult to collect me. (I have forgotten to report this on my application, but have later emailed the vetting office to add this to my file in case it does come up)

Any advice would be great!

Associate
OP
First rule - just be honest. SC is relatively painless. DV you’ll get interviewed (and any subject is game).

If you’re honest then they know that you have nothing to blackmail you with, and if you lie then you’re lying on official application and that could be more difficulty (beyond not getting the job).

It’s up to them if they decide it’s a problem or not, not you.
I was as honest as I could be, but the second incident I’d forgotten about but my mum had reminded me of this. This prompted me to email them and declare it in case it does show. Could this go against me for not initially declaring it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom