• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Scapling big

Permabanned

How does one person get their hands on all these consoles, then start, scapling ? Are retailers in on this? Looks very unfair and is there anything to do to stop this ?

Permabanned
OP
Just imagine if people didn't buy these at inflated prices and waited. It really is people's own fault.

I know this has been said in every GPU thread so far :p

The problem is that people are addicted to these things and then they fall in the hands of scaplers. It is hard to fight off addictions.

I see it as no difference from an addict wanting their dose. Just in this case the dose is a ps5 or gpu

Permabanned
OP
A lot of retailers don't like it actually - retailers make a lot from addons, finance and product insurance, etc. they'd rather have 20 customers they can try and sell additional services to than one customer who almost certainly won't buy any of that. I suspect, though don't really know, it probably makes a mess with things like returns, etc. as well though not something I know much about.
Most store managers are not as smart as you. They just look at the end of the month sales.
I'd definitely feel stupid paying 2-3x more for a product, but I guess some people can't wait or have too much money.

I thought these people paying scalped prices are addicted to the items, and are being held ransome to their addiction.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
For the PS5, Argos pre-orders were open for at least an hour before they sold out, and they announced the day before that pre-orders would be going live in the early hours. If someone really wanted one they had the opportunity to get one on release day at MSRP without a bot.
That's a joke I know people waiting in queues to buy for 6 hours then get kicked out in the last few minutes

Permabanned
OP
People will learn the hard way! When bubbles bust and they realise how much they are loosing because they paid £1,700 for a £500 card :cry: and manufactures bump the cost up of cards. They won't do it again.

Back
Top Bottom