scared

Soldato
Don't worry mate, everyone was new at one point! You won't be expected to know everything so just try to relax and remember people's names and where the loo is! Good luck!

Associate
Just walk in, square up to your new boss, make him back down and whimper and fetch you a brew.
Your new Alpha status in the office should relieve any nerves you have and no one will question you again.

all kidding aside, as its been said above its normal to be nervous, especially on your new job!
GL. :)

Soldato
You'll be fine. I went through the same on Monday, and, well, apart from sitting down and working through the tutorials in Solid Edge ST4, I've not done much. Waiting to go on a training course somewhen soon.

Just watch out for slimy colleagues and you'll be fine.

Soldato
If you do see any fit secretaries wearing glasses, tight pencil skirts, fitted blouses and with their hair up, be sure to take lots of pictures for the guys in the 'Hottest Outfit' thread. ;)

Associate
Being new to a job is the ideal time to spot potential process improvements. It's often the case in business that circumstances change, and a process gets changed to deal with it. After this happens a few times, you end up with an overly complex system, and because it has evolved slowly, people often don't realise. Coming in with fresh eyes puts you in the ideal position to spot these issues, so don't be afraid to point them out and ask why it is done this way, and suggest improvements. At worst they will have a good reason for it, and you will appear keen,Which is never bad. At best, you look like a hero as you make everyones life easier in your first month :)

Soldato
I started my new job on a Friday. a whole 2 hour shift :p

It's normal for shift workers to start on dodgy days :p

I was nervous, but now I am there, I haven't got any nerves at all. Been working there for nearly 2 months now :eek:

Man of Honour
No. I love starting a new job. It's a chance to start afresh with no 'baggage', and to get to learn new things and people :)

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom