SCCM 2012 Help

Soldato
Have a software deployment of windows patches to our UAT group, the packages were sent to install as soon as possible from midnight today, however despite the machines being on only 11 out of the 30 have patched, the other 19 are showing as unknown in Monitoring > Deployments > Deployment Name

Any idea what I am missing, why is it taking this long etc?

Thanks

Kimbie

Caporegime
What are the machine's statuses in your device collections?

Are the agents working properly on those machines at all? Have the agents deployed correctly to those machines? Can you get the users to re-run the software inventory job from the SCCM Control Panel applet?

Soldato
OP
Bit of a clearly picture of what my problem is

Have created a software update package for windows updates, with reboots suppressed we run the deployment, after a while, we go into Monitoring and looking at one of the deployments and we can see 1 or 2 machines have been patched and are showing as compliant, however a large number are classed as Unknown

If I click on view status to bring up the more detailed view, under the unknown tab, the machines tends to be listed under "Client Check passed Active" or "Client check passed/Inactive" we have found the WUAHandler.log on one of the unknown machines and it shows it had received the update package and deployed the updates, even if we reboot the machine after a few days still shows as Unknown.

The problem is we need to run compliance reports to show what machines have not been patched, and these unknown machines do not help.

So my question is, how do I get this machines to show as compliant to the update we pushed to them?

Kimbie

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Probably something wrong with the client not sending the correct messages back.

Client Check Passed/Inactive is going to be easier to troubleshoot as you define the Inactive criteria in the console. The Active ones are more tricky and you will need to start going through client logs.

Could you compress all the client logs from a Client Check passed Active machine and upload them somewhere for me so I can take a little look for you?

Back
Top Bottom