School locked down after reports of stabbing

This thread reminded me of Dunblane in 1996 which was a school shooting, and it happened around the same time of the year (early spring). Following the event, my school operated a knives amnesty where if you carried pen / keyring knives, you had to give them up.

28 years on, and this incident is knife related.

Gladly no one killed this time and hope the injured recover pronto.

Caporegime
You have to wonder if the reduction in male teachers over the years is a contributory factor in the apparent increase and seriousness of pupil indiscipline in schools....

That is a load of tosh. Some of the best and most fearful teachers were female at least for me.

We had one French teacher who was female that we had the run around but that was just because she had no clue how to control the kids. If I were to rank all my teachers the top 2 were female.

The way schools are going is purely because the pay/benefits are rubbish and no intellectual wants to do it anymore. This is paramount across all public services however.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think there's more going on than the lack of men though I'm sure it's a factor of many.

Whatever the slew of reasons for the breaking of education in this country the fact that half of parents think basic toilet-training is not their sole responsibility is enough of a reason for me to think that teachers should just quit and not return.

Soldato
That is a load of tosh. Some of the best and most fearful teachers were female at least for me.

We had one French teacher who was female that we had the run around but that was just because she had no clue how to control the kids. If I were to rank all my teachers the top 2 were female.

The way schools are going is purely because the pay/benefits are rubbish and no intellectual wants to do it anymore. This is paramount across all public services however.
It doesn't have to be about women being not fear inducing, which I agree was never an issue. The lack of men in schools is also a lack of positive male role models. In an age of broken marriages an increasing number of children don't live with their father. The internet only seems to supply boys with the worst possible role models and education have become increasingly feminine, primary schools especially so. Some of my male teachers were Goodbye Mr Chips anachronisms but none the less they were male role models each in their own different way, I doubt space exists for such people these days, or more likely the incentive.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is a load of tosh.

in your opinion of course...

Some of the best and most fearful teachers were female at least for me.

Sure, I remember some of them at my own schools but I'd imagine teachers back when you were a boy (if I remember your rough age correctly) were a lot different from the way current teachers are today. As @PlacidCasual says - its not all about "fear" as you put it, its about having some actual role models as well.

Associate
I think there's more going on than the lack of men though I'm sure it's a factor of many.

Whatever the slew of reasons for the breaking of education in this country the fact that half of parents think basic toilet-training is not their sole responsibility is enough of a reason for me to think that teachers should just quit and not return.

The big issue, when you have groups that have pressured the government and council Into decisions that have lead us to these ever expanding problems.

Teachers was a very respectable position from what I've been told. Just like all public areas the lack of ownership is the biggest issue we have in our public sector combine with what you said above.

Responsibility is 50:50, These liberal groups make it difficult to assign responsibility to both.

This country and many others are being attacked in such a clever way.

Complete breakdown of social norms and values.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You have to wonder if the reduction in male teachers over the years is a contributory factor in the apparent increase and seriousness of pupil indiscipline in schools....
you act like all male teachers are alpha male.

loads of them at my school in the 90s were meek little guys.

Also I recall nearly all of the female teachers being assertive and dominant when it came to discipline and people paying attention.

supply/substitute teachers were absolutely terrible, came in, handed out some crossword puzzles and sat there for 59 minutes whilst everyone talked and messed around.

I'm guessing thats how teachers basically are now

the training they go through will be uber woke, they will be taught white people are bad, diversity is our strength.
their are 2 dozen genders and all the rest of that indoctrination crap
kids have feelings and are precious little things.
all males are born evil and just want to beat and do bad things to women.

Last edited:
Associate
you act like all male teachers are alpha male.

loads of them at my school in the 90s were meek little guys.

Also I recall nearly all of the female teachers being assertive and dominant when it came to discipline and people paying attention.

supply/substitute teachers were absolutely terrible, came in, handed out some crossword puzzles and sat there for 59 minutes whilst everyone talked and messed around.

I'm guessing thats how teachers basically are now

the training they go through will be uber woke, they will be taught white people are bad, diversity is our strength.
their are 2 dozen genders and all the rest of that indoctrination crap
kids have feelings and are precious little things.
all males are born evil and just want to beat and do bad things to women.

Some examples include the tavistock clinic scandal. Similar issues are happening in every public institution. This cannot be coincidence, but an attack on our values and norms.
Complete systemic breakdown of our society.

Anomie is a state of normlessness
where society fails to effectively regulate the expectations or behaviors of its members; it occurs when aspirations
are allowed to develop beyond the possibility of fulfillment. In better-functioning societies, ambitions are restrained
and human needs and desires are regulated by the collective order.

stable society, individuals are generally
content with their positions or, as later scholars interpreted, they “aspire to achieve only what is realistically possible
for them to achieve” (Cloward & Ohlin, 1960, p. 78).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom