Scooby Engine

G_D

G_D

Associate
OP
Isn't it generally better to find the vehicle/kit, before you choose the engine?.

Well i was just mainly wondering why, as like said it seemed like a good idea. Generally curious to what the reason was that it didn't seem very popular decision.

For those who want to poke holes in it i was wondering about dropping it into a Datsun 260z instead of the initial plan of using a E36 straight six, either from the 323, 325 or 328 in all honesty the 323 would be big enough and im not that old so bloody insurance is a major issue!!!

Permabanned
It wouldn't fit in a Z.

Stick one in an early low-liight Moggy...They were designed for a flat four originally...

*n

Permabanned
For those who want to poke holes in it i was wondering about dropping it into a Datsun 260z instead of the initial plan of using a E36 straight six, either from the 323, 325 or 328 in all honesty the 323 would be big enough and im not that old so bloody insurance is a major issue!!!

Get a 3.5 engine from an eighties 535i. 211bhp stock and they love a bit of forced induction...

*n

Soldato
Well i was just mainly wondering why, as like said it seemed like a good idea. Generally curious to what the reason was that it didn't seem very popular decision.

I'd go for an RB25DET or an RB26DETT the RB 25 would be cheaper or perhaps a 2JZGTE

G_D

G_D

Associate
OP
It wouldn't fit in a Z.

No i was guessing as much seeing it was designed to take a straight six but hoping it would be possible to get away with.

Get a 3.5 engine from an eighties 535i. 211bhp stock and they love a bit of forced induction...

An old BMW block does seem like a good idea but i was worried that even that would be difficult to get fitted in, those old bm engines are big old brutes and the front of the Z isn't exactly as big as a 3/5 series.

Soldato
Not sure as Ive never tried buying one but there is someone on sxoc that sells complete working engines with all the bits needed for an engine swap for £1600 upwards for an RB25DET. Have a look http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=297112 You might be able to get it all sorted more cheaply but you'd have to do all the searching at scrappies etc.

fixed for you :)

G_D

G_D

Associate
OP
The bimmer lump I suggested should fit with no problems, comes with a 'box attached and shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred quid...

Not sure as Ive never tried buying one but there is someone on sxoc that sells complete working engines with all the bits needed for an engine swap for £1600 upwards for an RB25DETT.

bimmer engine here i come ;)

Back
Top Bottom