Scorn

Soldato
This game looks very interesting..also creepy!

I love how in the teaser video for this game, they used Doug Bradly (AKA Pinhead) for the narration. So Cool! :cool:

Soldato
It's got some good reviews, I've just put 2.5 hours in and it's the most refreshing game I've played in years. Graphics are amazing, atmosphere and sound are fantastic and the artwork is amazing too

Can't believe it's been ten years or whatever that I've waited to play it and it's finally here and it's actually good

Last edited:
Associate
Gave it a go this evening and didn't gel with it at all. The gameplay is dull as dishwater with no initial hook ( for me at least ). Quickly uninstalled and had a session playing Chivalry 2 instead !

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not played it but just watched gamespot video review and I'm not gonna bother can tell enough from that it won't be for me.

Graphics and art style still look very giger which is good but ain't enough to make me play it

Soldato
I'm enjoying it too. It can be a little frustrating; e.g. in the second section, it took a while to wander
In the middle of the elevated section to the viewing window to trigger the pressure plate and get the gun!

It's sort of a grotesque Myst-lite :)

Soldato
Started this yesterday and spent an hour or so on it. I got myself a friend who helped me open a door and I have just picked up some kind of weapon / machine key. I achieved my progress to date without any Google-fu, which I am pleased about and exercising my brain is certainly refreshing.

But I’m on the fence. There’s no doubt the atmosphere and art style are very specific and very effective. However, I’m not yet convinced the pace and gameplay style of this game will be for me.

Will spend a bit more time on it and see how I get on, but it does seem a niche title for a certain fan base more than anything else.

Soldato
Spent some time on this recently.

It's atmospheric as all hell, and the audio visuals are excellent. What it really lacks however is a hint system, or some form of guidance/structure.

A lot of the time it's a real guess wtf you're meant to be doing and hope you're on the right track sort of experience. Not bad exactly, but easy to get lost or spend time wondering what exactly you are meant to be doing, which is making me worried I will be completely lost when I go back to it lol

Back
Top Bottom