Scratch/Sense Programming Help

Soldato
Hi guys.

Quick question im doing an assignment for my OU end of term assessment and i have to create a program where my script reads lines of data from a log.txt file and then does what i want it to.

Everything is set up and working apart from i am struggling for my script to go to the next line of data after it has processed the first one.

Any ideas?

Associate
Hi Joe. Since I'm also doing same OU course.. I'm stuck on part 1. :\ Do you have any hints or ideas you could tell me? Feel like I am missing something really obvious...

Associate
Heya,
Just a quick question, how much of the sense programming is involved in the final assessment?
I'm currently on TMA 4 and to be honest i'm not enjoying the sense parts at all! it just will not sink in. I'm enjoying the rest though have a feeling i will fail due to the sense work :(

Associate
I need to create a program, extracts sensor readings from a string. Beginning first then work through the remainder of 'aRecord'. Also must use a pop_up_warning[] block.
I keep taking the first number but not leaving the rest of the remainder.. so when I do next number it will be a blank message. I did the LEDs sense program pretty well last assignment but my mind sleeps to be asleep on this one.

Associate
Heya,
Just a quick question, how much of the sense programming is involved in the final assessment?
I'm currently on TMA 4 and to be honest i'm not enjoying the sense parts at all! it just will not sink in. I'm enjoying the rest though have a feeling i will fail due to the sense work :(

Well TMA 05 sense, feel quite easy to compare to others due to sense board and the LEDs. The EMA sense = 50 pts out of 200, and I'm stuck on the first part :p.

Associate
Really helps going through the sense programming guide, don't try and make your answer too complicated either. The chances are that what they are asking you to do, there will be one or two blocks which do exactly that.

Don't try and reinvent the wheel! :)

Soldato
OP
Really helps going through the sense programming guide, don't try and make your answer too complicated either. The chances are that what they are asking you to do, there will be one or two blocks which do exactly that.

Don't try and reinvent the wheel! :)

I noticed this. I was trying to be far too complicated that it should have been.

I have been stuck for ages and thought i should just restart and pulled it off.

Glad theres other OU people in here. Trust me whenever im sure people can help each other.

Associate
I noticed this. I was trying to be far too complicated that it should have been.

I have been stuck for ages and thought i should just restart and pulled it off.

Glad theres other OU people in here. Trust me whenever im sure people can help each other.

:) I did exactly that as well, rushed in and made a pretty big mess of it all. Decided to start again and took some time reading the material and found it much simpler.

Just got to get the other questions finished today :(

Soldato
Is this the alarm system for rainforest sensor networks or has it changed now? Completed TU100 end of last year and just finished MU123.

Trick is don't try and over think it to much I had that issue, most of the time the program is pretty straight forward and doesn't need to be to extravagant. Do it on a bit of paper and run through the process as it would and see if you can figure it out. Make a list of the variables and what each one needs to do and where and any other aspects of it and when they need to be involved.

Associate
Hi All
I am also doing the same OU course and struggling to understand the sense part for my TMA 04. I was wondering if anyone can shead a little light, not to answer the question but to point me in the right direction. It would be very appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom