Screw problem

Soldato
guys i have a decent pair of over ear kingston hyper x headphones.

Problem is a screw came out and I can't find the damn thing as it's TINY - now can't use one side of the headphones.

Imagine one of those really small black counter sunk screws - Phillips head- can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find a replacement?? Have checked maplin and Homebase but they don't stock any that small

Associate
As Lee said mobile phone / tablet repairers, or if you know the size the good ol' bay of E should have something to fit.

Something else you could try if you're not in a hurry is contacting Kingston, some companies are more than happy to throw something like a little screw in the post free of charge, others not so much.

Soldato
OP
As Lee said mobile phone / tablet repairers, or if you know the size the good ol' bay of E should have something to fit.

Something else you could try if you're not in a hurry is contacting Kingston, some companies are more than happy to throw something like a little screw in the post free of charge, others not so much.
Another great idea thank you

Soldato
OP
So quick update - Kingston came back to me and are replacing the entire headset for their new hyper x silver model FREE.

Best customer service ever.

Soldato
OP
So there is a tiny black screw that's holds the ear 'cup' to the metal frame. Mine literally fell apart in my hands and I couldn't find the screw.

I just emailed Logitech to ask them for a new screw and one proof of purchase later and they are sending me a brand new and upgraded headset. Awesome service.

I might nudge them for some free ram

Associate
Wow !! Great customer service, which is always good to hear about.

I was going to suggest running a magnet across the floor, but it is all sorted now. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom