Scum Scammers

Man of Honour
Yes I know we all get them but this latest lot are complete scum.
Usually when I pretend I'm somebody else they work me out very quickly and put the phone down but this one has now gone on since 8.30am yesterday morning and last call about 30 minutes ago from several different people who keep passing my number around.

So first call "We are from Virgin Technical Department and there is a problem with your Internet".
Immediately I became an 89 year old man confined to bed where 4 Nurses come in during the day, I have two sons who set me up on broadband and I use my phone through that with no sim package and it's on an Orange San Fransisco phone :)
Very quickly they get me onto Playstore to download Team Viewer and after one minute they ask me how much has downloaded - "1%" :)
To cut a long story short they said they will ring back in 30 minutes - "Is it installed?" - "No it's on 2% now" :)
OK I will ring you in 2 hours - "Is it installed?" - "No it's on 4% now" :)
Anyway yesterday I get a total of 10 phone calls and get two of them singing Happy Birthday to me.
This morning a new woman asks - "Is it installed?" - "No it's on 37% now" :)
"Can you reboot your router?" - "No, I'm an 89 year old man confined to bed and it is very high up and it was my birthday yesterday" :)
"Can you get one of your nurses to reboot it?" - "I'll ask".
"Can you stop download and install Team Viewer again from Play Store and I will ring at 1pm?"- "OK".
1am comes (different person) - "Is it installed?" - "No it's on 2% now" :)
"You said it was on 37% yesterday" - "It was but a woman this morning told me to cancel and start again".

Another four calls until 30 mins ago where my imaginary download is at 11% on my Orange San Francisco and they are ringing me in the morning :)

I honestly can't believe how gullible they are but complete scum at wanting to get on an 89 year olds phone.

Soldato
I have often wondered how these people can be so thick when I have kept them on for 1hr+ previously.

Good job - The more you keep them on wasting their time with you the less calls they can make to people who may fall for it.

Soldato
Makes you wonder just how thick the people are who actually fall for their mastermind scams

A tad harsh. There are some vulnerable people out there who believe people are inherently good, typically the older generation who didn't grow up with tech and can be confused easily.

But you go on blaming them rather than the scammers if it makes you feel you're better than them.

Caporegime
They're often so desperate when they think they've got a genuine one, I think they must get so many dozen short calls in between some brief abuse and people just hanging up. You even get the automated ones now so they only route calls to a human operator if you've at least say "yes" and not just hung up.

I don't have time to get them to call me back etc.. but I do have time to string them along for a few minutes.

Usually, I just tell some story about my fictitious car accident that gets more and more ridiculous but sometimes if they haven't cottoned on that this ridiculous accident story is a complete wind up I'll end it with something like "oh and it just occurred to me that the prophet Mohammed sucks ****s" - that one has had a couple of reactions ranging from one guy going absolutely nuts and raging down the phone: "you bloody ******* bitch **** your mother etc.. I will find you" "keep dreaming mate, you can't even afford to leave your country" "******* bloody bitch I kill you" etc..etc.. through to some Indian guy bursting out laughing and say "haha very good I agree in fact" then hanging up.

Soldato
They're often so desperate when they think they've got a genuine one, I think they must get so many dozen short calls in between some brief abuse and people just hanging up. You even get the automated ones now so they only route calls to a human operator if you've at least say "yes" and not just hung up.

I don't have time to get them to call me back etc.. but I do have time to string them along for a few minutes.

Usually, I just tell some story about my fictitious car accident that gets more and more ridiculous but sometimes if they haven't cottoned on that this ridiculous accident story is a complete wind up I'll end it with something like "oh and it just occurred to me that the prophet Mohammed sucks ****s" - that one has had a couple of reactions ranging from one guy going absolutely nuts and raging down the phone: "you bloody ******* bitch **** your mother etc.. I will find you" "keep dreaming mate, you can't even afford to leave your country" "******* bloody bitch I kill you" etc..etc.. through to some Indian guy bursting out laughing and say "haha very good I agree in fact" then hanging up.

Oh, if it is an Indian scammer, tell him Sachin Tendulkar was a cheater. They love that.

Sgarrista
Commissario
If I get an unknown caller now I pick up and dont say anything, usually you hear some sort of noise as the system doesnt get anything down the phone and then cancels the call and hangs up. The moment you say anything it has you connected to a person who tries it on.

Back
Top Bottom