Scythe Fuma 2?

Soldato
anyone using the fuma 2? anyone gone from a NH-D15 to the fuma 2 or the other way around ? how you finding its performance? reviews says its good but say its limited by low fan speed.

id like quieter operation currently using a freezer 34 co but have a feeling its limited due to its base plate not making contact with all of the cpu heat spreader due to having only 4 heat pipes and being direct touch.

Associate
anyone using the fuma 2? anyone gone from a NH-D15 to the fuma 2 or the other way around ? how you finding its performance? reviews says its good but say its limited by low fan speed.

id like quieter operation currently using a freezer 34 co but have a feeling its limited due to its base plate not making contact with all of the cpu heat spreader due to having only 4 heat pipes and being direct touch.

The fuma 2 is suppose to be in same ball park as the D15 but cheaper. The D16 is suppose to be out this year but looks like early 2022 now, I'm hanging on for that.

That half coverage put me right off the F34

Soldato
OP
The freezer 34 worked well with the 1700 with 110w ppt but zen 3 single ccx is not fully under the heat pipes so seems to suffer.
I snagged the fuma 2 on offer so will see how it goes. Nh-15 is too expensive and i may have clearance issues in my case.

Soldato

I played with both and D15 was slightly better, maybe 2c on 200w of heat. Figure there's a +/-1c margin or error and D15 may be 3c better .. or Fuma 2 may be 1c better.

As already said, similar performance for less money.

Thermalright has a new 5x 8mm heatpipe twin tower out. Frost Commander 140 (FC140) in silver, black, white and white ARGB models. I haven't seen it anywhere in Europe yet, but it's in America on river at similar price to Fuma 2. No outlets in UK or EU yet, but can be ordered from popular Asian website and takes from 10 days to over a month to arrive. I got one about a month ago and find it very good. While I won't say it's much better than D15 (I think it's about 3c better) I will say it's not as expensive if you can wait. Would love to see OcUK start sellling Thermalright again. Great products.

Associate
I have the FUMA 2 in a NR200p (just) and find it fantastic, Had a d15 in my previous rig and not noticed any downsides tbh. The stock fans are very quiet and low speed, but not felt any need to change them.

edit, with a 5800x

Soldato
OP
I wasnt gonna get a new cooler but for 30 quid Inc delivery i thought id give it a shot.

30 quid is my limit on coolers ideally too. Spending 80 quid on a cooler is no good to me since that sort of cash gets the next grade up in cpu.

Soldato
OP
I have the FUMA 2 in a NR200p (just) and find it fantastic, Had a d15 in my previous rig and not noticed any downsides tbh. The stock fans are very quiet and low speed, but not felt any need to change them.

Are stock fans long term reliable? They are not sleeve bearing are they?
I do have 2 of the gentle typhoon 1800rpm fans which i was thinking of using on the fuma 2 but reviews say the stock fans performance is good but no one has done fan swap testing on it.

Soldato
I wasnt gonna get a new cooler but for 30 quid Inc delivery i thought id give it a shot.

30 quid is my limit on coolers ideally too. Spending 80 quid on a cooler is no good to me since that sort of cash gets the next grade up in cpu.
For 30 quid you can't go wrong!
Get it!
Just make sure it has mounting hardware you need. ;)

Associate
Are stock fans long term reliable? They are not sleeve bearing are they?
I do have 2 of the gentle typhoon 1800rpm fans which i was thinking of using on the fuma 2 but reviews say the stock fans performance is good but no one has done fan swap testing on it.
Ive had it installed since Feb, no funny noises, cleaned once a month, still like day 1. Cant fault it.

Associate
Did you try faster fans on it? Reviews say the stock fans at full speed are very quiet.

I have not, Its very quiet and I swapped my case fans to the rgb Scythe fans. not felt the need to swap to faster fans, plus the "middle" fan spins backwards I believe. but super happy with performance and noise.

Soldato
Honestly unless you don't mind noise the stock fans keep fans stock. Any higher speed would be louder than I would want to deal with. Stock fans spin opposite directions. Some claim this improves airflow as well as keeping noise down.

That said, if you do try higher rpm fans please record air temp entering cooler and CPU temp for both setups and post them so we can see the difference.

Edit: robnut beat me to the clock rotation of center fan.

Soldato
OP
Ahh yes the counter rotation fans. Saw video which showed it straightened airflow. Although when directly on a heatsink i dunno how much difference it makes. The fuma 2 fin stack doesnt seem very dense so not sure how much benefit it is

Soldato
OP
well thats the last time i buy anything from the B grade section. cooler came with a missing standoff for the AM4 mount. so its useless to me.

IMG-20211216-103704.jpg

it was also packaged wrong in the box causing the 2 tower stacks to get bent and almost touch each other. the fan should have been put in the middle and not on the side of it.
also a small nick on the base plate. overall probably a D grade. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom