SD card, should I format it as internal or external?

Soldato
Well this is new for me. Trying out my A2 Lite (64GB) and bought a 128GB microSD card to go in it. I'm seeing conflicting stuff about whether or not formatting to internal memory could slow the phone down or not?

Really I'll just be filling it up with music from Google Play Music, so if that supports caching music to the SD card/external I suppose that would be best? :confused: Although I suppose photos (Google Photos too). I can't imagine I'll need >64GB for aps themselves...

Soldato
OP
Yeah seems to be the consensus. Anyway, I can confirm that Google Play Music and the camera on the A2 Lite both let you use the external SD card as storage so I've gone for formatting it as such. Happy days.

Can't see any downside of that? :confused:

Associate
I found Internal to be quite useful as the device uses the storage seamlessly to boost total storage. Downsides are that the card is basically tied to the device until reformatted and performance is not as good as internal storage. The answer: it depends on what you want to use it for and whether the apps you are running support external.

Back
Top Bottom