Seasonic Focus Plus Gold Fan Noise

Associate
OP
I've just heard the fan noise of a unit in NORMAL mode and it's not appealing, that would really bother me. I don't know if that's an isolated case or they all sound like that. I need the fan to be on all the time since it's the only fan in the case. Looks like it's going to be the be quiet! straight power or dark power pro.

Associate
OP
I can't answer that but it wouldn't be as noticeable once it was in the case and the side panel is on. Also most people would have their case more than 50cm from Earshot.

If you haven't already bought it and want a quieter unit then sure BeQuiet can be good, and there is also the Corsair RMi and Bitfenix Whisper. That one has an ugly 24 pin cable though so not the best if you want the cables to look good.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Associate
OP
I've just been through three units. An ultra gold prime. And two ultra platinum 650w. Every single one had the exact same noise. All bought from different retailers. Looking at the few YouTube video everyone I've seen that's noticed this has also had it on replacement units.

It seems very bad luck to have three in a row doesn't it? And I've not seen anyone that's had the issue where the replacement didn't.

I think this is just the fan noise. Unless the fan used has terrible QC. I switched to super flower which have silent fans. Going through three power supplies has been a headache and I won't be buying seasonic again. I've lost around £90 because of it.

It would have saved a lot of hassle and money if I was told it was just how the fans are. But every time a rep has replied to someone in a forum they've said it's not normal.

I think it's one of those noises that some hear and some don't. But I can hear it while gaming from 1 metre away and it's highly annoying.
I also came to the conclusion that this is the normal fan noise after hearing several units.

Associate
OP
I have never owned a Focus

seasonicSmall.jpg
Maybe it's an issue with the Focus line. The comments on this page suggest it's a common issue.

Back
Top Bottom