Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD

Associate
I got a Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD
And it works fine, but when i enable hybrid mode that is a simi fanless mode.
Then i can hear the fan starts to spin each 5-10 mins and then it stops for 5-10 mins.
This endless cycle keep going on in this mode. It seens like each 5 minute it chanages from fanless mode to fan load. Its not super loud but everything else in my case is sillent, so thats the only fan i hear from the psu on load if i dont play music or game music/sounds

Is this normal ?

I think hybrid mode was a fanless mode when i dont play games or do any heavy video loads.
but it seems like this cycle keep running no matter if i browse forums or play games.

Soldato
The fan will spin according to the load the PSU is under or the internal temperature of said PSU. I think it would be the latter as it would be unlikely you are putting much load on your PSU, unless you have a top spec PC.

Associate
OP
The fan will spin according to the load the PSU is under or the internal temperature of said PSU. I think it would be the latter as it would be unlikely you are putting much load on your PSU, unless you have a top spec PC.

I using balanced power mode wher ethe cpu runs 800 mhz in idle mode.
But this 5 mins cycle loop mode keep happening even when i sit here and post with you.
The cpu loads at 3-5 % for now while the psu changes from sillent fanless mode for 5-6 mins and then switches to wuuuuuussjh fan mode for 5-6 mins.
It should not even start to spin now.

But i looked on seasonics site and found out it uses Premium hybrid fan control mode
while som eof ther other models uses s3fc mode that has a fanless mode under 30 % load and sillent mode for 50 %..

These psu are even cheaper but looks like a better option for me.

https://seasonic.com/focus-gx

https://seasonic.com/prime-px

Look at compare

Its s3FC vs premium mode where i dont understand why the 1300 primes ones dont have this feature

Soldato
Probably based on an older design. Trying to find a very quiet PSU is a bit of a minefield. Over the last 16 years since I started buying better quality PSU's I've owned Seasonic, Corsair, EVGA, Superflower & BeQuiet. All have been good as regards fan noise, so I suppose I've either been lucky or I'm going Deaf! :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
I only remember the seasonic ones i had. They are solid tho. The last model i had from 2015 or so dident have this cycle loop fan mode.
But i cant get over that a new psu to 300 + $ dont have the s3fc over a 200+ psu

Last edited:
Soldato
Only thing to do is put the old one up for sale (fan noise as a caveat) & put the money towards a lesser model to see if that solves your noise problem. There aren't that many systems out there that need 1.3kw, unless you have threadripper & 2 x RTX3090's or a mining rig.

Associate
OP
Only thing to do is put the old one up for sale (fan noise as a caveat) & put the money towards a lesser model to see if that solves your noise problem. There aren't that many systems out there that need 1.3kw, unless you have threadripper & 2 x RTX3090's or a mining rig.
That makes sence..i spoke with seasonic and they recommend me a 1000 prime TX psu. But i looked on a focus 1000 gx tho.
So im working on that now :)

Back
Top Bottom