Seasonic Releases Native 12V-2x6 (H++) Cable

i remember looking at this in march, is the 90 bend not in the wrong direction for most ppl/GPU
i have 4080 and i think it makes the cable point up but i have psu in bottom of case :(

Haha you are correct! I have been waiting for this for months for my 4090 and O11 XL and I have only just noticed this upon further investigation it is the wrong way round for most and me included with my Inno 4090, The only users this cable is good for is the non standard inverted one's like Asus cards I think, What was Seasonic thinking LOL, That rules me out as I am not having the cable running over the top, No wonder they haven't released it yet they have probably realised what they have done or are maybe going to release 2 versions which I very much doubt, Well done Seasonic what was you thinking haha.

Update...

Just to add that their older 12VHPWR 16 pin to 16 Pin right angle 90 cables are the correct orientation, For some bizarre reason they inverted it with the new cables, Now it makes sense why it's still not on the market after this stupid decision.

Edit Again lol.

Looks like I could be mistaken, From their only promo video it looks like the 90 cables do have the release tab at the top and just the straight one is inverted, Still really really odd decision, I do not know what they are thinking to be perfectly honest.

Last edited:
For anyone interested I contacted Seasonic about the availability of the cables and it looks like hopefully by the end of this month for 2 of them but the 2 x 8 Pin is delayed which does not concern me anyway, Don't know why that one is delayed though.

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for contacting Sea Sonic.

We now have more accurate information regarding these cables:
  • Native 12V-2x6 cable: We expect them to be available on the market by end of July onwards in Europe. (Availability per country may vary depending on the distribution channel.)
  • Native 90° 12V-2x6 cable: We expect them to be available on the market by end of July onwards in Europe. (Availability per country may vary depending on the distribution channel.)
  • 2x 8-pin to 90° 12V-2x6 cable: There are some delays with this version, so it is expected to be on the market by September onwards in Europe. (Availability per country may vary depending on the distribution channel.)

I just purchased a Seasonic Focus GX-850 ATX3.0 PSU and it appears to have come with one of these new 12v-2x6 cables, however the connectors on mine were black on both ends and had no blue like the article suggested. The cable is straight (no right angled connectors) and both connectors have 600W printed on them. It also had the 12VHPWR label on the cable and not 12V-2x6. Besides that, it looks to be the same cable as far as I can see and connected up to my 4070 without issue.

Last edited:
Thought I would update on this too. I received a similar email to the above, however wanted a right angle connector quicker for my sons 4090. We ordered one from eBay, from China, which is where Seasonic products are made. It took about 2 weeks to arrive but works perfectly. Its Seasonic branded/packaged and their support team confirmed it’s the correct product.

Thought I would update on this too. I received a similar email to the above, however wanted a right angle connector quicker for my sons 4090. We ordered one from eBay, from China, which is where Seasonic products are made. It took about 2 weeks to arrive but works perfectly. Its Seasonic branded/packaged and their support team confirmed it’s the correct product.
That's interesting to know I still cannot find them anywhere, Would you mind sharing a link or is that not possible here?

Side note...Does anyone have any of the current gen or previous gen Seasonic right angle cables in an O11 XL and does the left glass panel close ok?

That's interesting to know I still cannot find them anywhere, Would you mind sharing a link or is that not possible here?

Side note...Does anyone have any of the current gen or previous gen Seasonic right angle cables in an O11 XL and does the left glass panel close ok?

Hi, sure no problem. I believe it was from this seller (although I'm sure there's other options too when ordering from abroad) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186459989009 - Little bit for shipping obviously but felt worth it given the cost of the card.

Was a shot in the dark, so was very happy when it worked. :)

Last edited:
Hi, sure no problem. I believe it was from this seller (although I'm sure there's other options too when ordering from abroad) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186459989009 - Little bit for shipping obviously but felt worth it given the cost of the card.

Was a shot in the dark, so was very happy when it worked. :)
Thanks for that but unfortunately that's the old spec/style of cable, The newer one has shorter sense pins and is blue at one end.

It's still a good cable as it's Seasonic and I trust them but it's the old style.

Thanks for that but unfortunately that's the old spec/style of cable, The newer one has shorter sense pins and is blue at one end.

It's still a good cable as it's Seasonic and I trust them but it's the old style.

I could be wrong but I don’t believe the newer versions are all blue, just specific variants.

It's only the native 12V-2x6 that have the blue ends. So either straight 12V to 12V (both blue) or 90 degree 12V (black) to straight 12V for PSU end (blue).

The 90 degree 12v-2x6 to 2x8 for old school PSU's are all black, should note that usually I would expect to see 4x8 pin for a 4090 but that wasn't an option for an OEM cable. We do have various Seasonic/Nvidia adaptors but don't think my boy has tried any of them yet. See image below from their release, these include the shorter sense pins etc:

IMG-1557.jpg

IMG-1558.jpg

Video link to were screen captures are from:

Edit: Yeah just checked them, definitely latest generation cables. :)

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I don’t believe the newer versions are all blue, just specific variants.

It's only the native 12V-2x6 that have the blue ends. So either straight 12V to 12V (both blue) or 90 degree 12V (black) to straight 12V for PSU end (blue).

The 90 degree 12v-2x6 to 2x8 for old school PSU's are all black, should note that usually I would expect to see 4x8 pin for a 4090 but that wasn't an option for an OEM cable. We do have various Seasonic/Nvidia adaptors but don't think my boy has tried any of them yet. See image below from their release, these include the shorter sense pins etc:

IMG-1557.jpg

IMG-1558.jpg

Video link to were screen captures are from:

Edit: Yeah just checked them, definitely latest generation cables. :)
It's possible, Just check the part numbers on the box and compare via the new one but that seller only has 4 items for sale and there is no other cables at all his listing so I suspect it's the old spec, I am still using the old spec 16 pin to 16 pin direct cable that came my Seasonic Vertex PSU with 0 issues, My only reasoning for waiting for the newer spec was to have a right angle cable instead, I have no issues using the older spec as mine has been fault free with 0 melting since I have installed this PSU some time ago on my 4090 so I wouldn't worry either way.

It's possible, Just check the part numbers on the box and compare via the new one but that seller only has 4 items for sale and there is no other cables at all his listing so I suspect it's the old spec, I am still using the old spec 16 pin to 16 pin direct cable that came my Seasonic Vertex PSU with 0 issues, My only reasoning for waiting for the newer spec was to have a right angle cable instead, I have no issues using the older spec as mine has been fault free with 0 melting since I have installed this PSU some time ago on my 4090 so I wouldn't worry either way.

Absolutely agree, I just didn’t want my son using one of those horrible adapters that I saw melting everywhere. Saw they were all recalled too, feel for anyone who lost a card to any of those issues.

Either way, in Seasonic I trust. I just wish they were a bit more helpful/open about exact release dates for EU etc for these cables. They did a jazzy release video and then went silent haha :p.

Also, be nice if they offered both right angle options, currently you have to go up and over on some cards due to where to clip is.

Absolutely agree, I just didn’t want my son using one of those horrible adapters that I saw melting everywhere. Saw they were all recalled too, feel for anyone who lost a card to any of those issues.

Either way, in Seasonic I trust. I just wish they were a bit more helpful/open about exact release dates for EU etc for these cables. They did a jazzy release video and then went silent haha :p.

Also, be nice if they offered both right angle options, currently you have to go up and over on some cards due to where to clip is.

Yeah I would stay well away from any of those adaptors including the newer different brand one's that have appeared in various places, I knew something was up with the Cablemod adaptors almost straight after they were released stories started to surface very quickly.

You should be good with the Seasonic cable just ensure it's full plugged it at both ends and it's highly unlikely you will have any issues with their cables.

Yeah it seems like forever ago they spent so long advertising the newer cables and still they don't exist for purchase lol.

i got the cable a few days ago from what im told they will be releasing them in september this cable is from a german supplier of seasonic cables (Sander computers) whom i was directed by seasonic eu support if you want one now i suggest you email:[email protected] and check what they have in stock.
I got the native 12v-2x6 cable was 25 euro shipped to uk i paid by bank transfer as i think that's all they accept.

Last edited:
i got the cable a few days ago from what im told they will be releasing them in september this cable is from a german supplier of seasonic cables (Sander computers) whom i was directed by seasonic eu support if you want one now i suggest you email:[email protected] and check what they have in stock.
I got the native 12v-2x6 cable was 25 euro shipped to uk i paid by bank transfer as i think that's all they accept.

Just to confirm, I spoke to Seasonic last week out of interest and they said exactly the same to me in regards to the company and info @manofarms has :)

Seasonic also told me they don't currently intend to do 2 variations of the 90° adaptor (1 being 180° different to the other), so some people will have to run their cables up and over their cards, dependent on the connector positioning.

Last edited:
It's finally arrived, Well that was a some wait since it was first announced that's all I can say lol.

Update...

I was right all along, This new cable only supports the Asus inverted 40x series connector if you want your cable to go underneath the GPU, My cable is now running above the GPU with the 90 cable and Imo a stupid move from Seasonic when the majority of GPU do not have the inverted style plug, Not a massive issue but still the thought process of them making a right angle cable for 1 type of GPU and not offering the majority variant is dumb to say the least.

On the plus side the the case panel now closes with ample of room without bending the cable now with the 90 end connected.

Last edited:
It's finally arrived, Well that was a some wait since it was first announced that's all I can say lol.

Update...

I was right all along, This new cable only supports the Asus inverted 40x series connector if you want your cable to go underneath the GPU, My cable is now running above the GPU with the 90 cable and Imo a stupid move from Seasonic when the majority of GPU do not have the inverted style plug, Not a massive issue but still the thought process of them making a right angle cable for 1 type of GPU and not offering the majority variant is dumb to say the least.

On the plus side the the case panel now closes with ample of room without bending the cable now with the 90 end connected.

Yeah it's a really odd choice from Seasonic to not offer both 90° options, a little disappointing given how exceptional a company they are in terms of products.

Yeah it's a really odd choice from Seasonic to not offer both 90° options, a little disappointing given how exceptional a company they are in terms of products.

Yeah I find it really strange and such an odd decision from Seasonic to only offer this variant when the majority is the other way round, I really cannot understand their philosophy behind this.

Back
Top Bottom