Seasonic S12-600 S12 Series 600W Sleeved

Associate
Any Word when these PSUs will be in the uk?
yes its the new revision from Seasonic all sleeved

"This is the new *sleeved* version Seasonic S12 600 Watt 600W Power Supply. It now has 9 HDD connectors (previously 6) and 6 SATA connectors (previously 4). The cables are fully sleeved in black sleeving. The cables are also slightly longer to accomodate larger cases. This model is nVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire approved. It is RoHS compliant."

its defently worth the money now
would never spend over £100 for a psu to get ugly looking wires.

I've just rma'd my 500w and i'm hoping the new one will be sleeved.
SPCR just got one for review so they should be here soon.
Could do with the longer cables and more molex connectors too.
What do you need 600w for btw?

james32 said:
because i need 600 watts
i have 4 sata hard drives 4 scsi drives

then going to build a dual core athlon SMP up
If its dual core its not smp, its cmp (chip multi processing). If its dual cpu, its opteron. ;)
Glad to see someone making use of a powerfull psu for a change.

Check out the new Tagan Turbo-Jet series :D

900w and 1100w psu's. I think they are sleeved too.

I think I will be getting an Enermax Liberty, modular psu and sleeved by the looks of things.

I'll need to get a new PSU within the next few days. I ordered an AGP 7800GS but forgot about the power requirements :o I've got a 400W Zalman at the moment and it probably won't provide enough amps on the 12v rail. I didn't like the fact that the older Seasonic model wasn't sleeved and would've ordered an Enermax but now I'm undecided again :confused:

Pigeon_Killer said:
I'll need to get a new PSU within the next few days. I ordered an AGP 7800GS but forgot about the power requirements :o I've got a 400W Zalman at the moment and it probably won't provide enough amps on the 12v rail. I didn't like the fact that the older Seasonic model wasn't sleeved and would've ordered an Enermax but now I'm undecided again :confused:

Should be alright, if not I got a 430w Seasonic S12 for £41 :)

Running my a PentiumD @ 3.7ghz with an X800GTO and pretty "standard" components (1HD,1optical etc.) and it still has plenty of power to spare.

He's only got 15A on the 12v rail if its the model i think it is. Quite an old psu.
Compared with the seasonic which has almost 15A on both its 12v rails. You wouldn't think there was only 30w between them eh.
These new graphics cards take a lot of power.

Raikiri said:

Running my a PentiumD @ 3.7ghz with an X800GTO and pretty "standard" components (1HD,1optical etc.) and it still has plenty of power to spare.
I don't know what components run off the 12v line but I think it's only rated at 15amps :eek: with an lpeak of 18amps (whatever that means). I don't know if it's worth trying it or not. If it's underpowered is anything likely to go bang?

Edit: Yep :) That's the one Joe42 :( Not a lot of amps is it.

If its a decent psu it shouldn't go bang as such.
The first sign to look out for is a slightly low 12v rail. If it goes too low its supposed to switch itself off.

Directly quoted from the atx 2.2 psu guide for your amusement:
Should a component failure occur, the power supply should not exhibit any of the
following:
• Flame
• Excessive smoke
• Charred PCB
• Fused PCB conductor
• Startling noise
• Emission of molten material
Feel better now? ;)
Sadly the guide doesn't seem to state what it should do...

^ Worth a bash then. If it works it works, if it doesn't, :eek: and hope it doesn't take out the rest of my computer. I hope the recommended amps for a 7800 take in to account lots of RAM and a fast processor using a lot of the 12v line. I don't have a fast processor or lots of RAM :(

Last edited:
Joe42 said:
If its dual core its not smp, its cmp (chip multi processing). If its dual cpu, its opteron. ;)
Glad to see someone making use of a powerfull psu for a change.

yeh meant that 2 x opteron x 2 = 4 cores on a supermicro H8DCE
this board needs 24 pin atx 8pin 12v and 4 pin 12v and seasonic is only quiet psu that haves these 3 connectors.

Raikiri said:

Nice.

How quiet is that?

After a PSU for a folding rig. Maybe a P4 805 Smithy, overclocked till its little legs are nearly falling off :D Apart from the cpu, the other hardware aint going to be good or anything. Cheap ass AGP or PCI-E card and 1 HD, 1 Optical device thats all.

So not after loads of power, just after a stable but quiet psu.

Does the Seasonic S12 @ £41 fill this?

Cheers :)

Admiral Huddy said:
why wait.. just sleeve them yourselves with insolation tape before the PSU goes in.

Not good ;)

The lines become very stiff. Hard to bend. I sleeved my Antec 550w True Control my self with actual sleeving and heatshrink. Made a good job of it. Looked great.

Rather had a good sleeved job or buy a PSU thats already sleeved. Dont sleeve it with insualtion tape, what ever you do!

Back
Top Bottom