Seasonic x series 1050w gold caught fire

Soldato
Well my night just went down the pan.

My trusty psu just expired in a cloud of smoke.

Cant wait to find out what it took with it, am hoping as its a good brand it would have protected the rest of the pc.

Just pulled the top off it and can see where its let the smoke out. Dont really fancy poking around inside

Dont have spare psu here to test the rest of the pc.

rQjjeXD.jpg

Man of Honour
Any of these will be worthy replacements:-

My basket at Overclockers UK:

The EVGA and Corsair units have a 10 year warranty. The Superflower Leadex II has 7 years. All the rest have 5 years. Do you really need that much power though? Your Seasonic should have a 5 year warranty which you have probably voided by opening it unless there are no stickers on the screws.

Soldato
OP

The EVGA and Corsair units have a 10 year warranty. The Superflower Leadex II has 7 years. All the rest have 5 years. Do you really need that much power though? Your Seasonic should have a 5 year warranty which you have probably voided by opening it unless there are no stickers on the screws.

Had stickers over the screws unfortunatly. Also id changed out the fan a long time ago.

Re the needed power my system is two heavily clocked 980tis and a ocd 3770k aswell as a whole heap of watercooling etc.

Actually testes how much it was taking from the wall once and it was close to 700watts when benching, better to have a psu that can handle that + extra i think?

Edit:- just found my post on power usage and it was 806 watts from the wall

Soldato
OP
Psu arrived today. Gotta remove and then put my loop back together to remove psu and cables etc and get the new one in.

Then will update thread if the pc still lives

Soldato
OP
She lives :)

Ran a few benchies just now and no artifacts or any resets etc. Looks like that psu regardless of crapping itself, was worth the money

Was most worried about my 980tis so relieved is an understatement right now.

Back
Top Bottom