Seating position

Soldato
I noticed that a fairly decent conversation was building up in the 'Crysis 2... Awsome' thread about seating position.

Like I said that I prefer sitting on the sofa like a coach potatoe and juts losing my self in a game. Sheer relaxation.

I moved from PC's to console for that reason amongst other smaller reasons.

How do you guys sit? I am ALWAYS lazed back, never sit forward and on the edge of the sofa.

ags

Caporegime
I sit on the rug in front of the TV. Sofa is too far from the TV to see my foes in detail. I do want to invest in a giant bean bag to sit on though so I can almost have it like a seat.

Soldato
I have a corner sofa, my housemate likes to sit on the seat facing the TV, I however am lazy and sit with my legs up on the L part of the sofa :D

I find this is better for my posture anyway, as if I sit on a seat/pc game I tend to bend forward and it gives me a bad posture.

Jcb33.

Soldato
I have a recliner chair which I move about a metre, sometimes less away from the TV (52") when I am gaming, as I need to feel focussed on the game which I can't achieve by being on the sofa!

However... it does depend on the game - a lot of sports games I can play happily lounged on the sofa, and even some platformers - but anything FPS or anything very competative I need to be close and "IN THE ZONE!"

Soldato
I noticed that a fairly decent conversation was building up in the 'Crysis 2... Awsome' thread about seating position.

Like I said that I prefer sitting on the sofa like a coach potatoe and juts losing my self in a game. Sheer relaxation.

I moved from PC's to console for that reason amongst other smaller reasons.

How do you guys sit? I am ALWAYS lazed back, never sit forward and on the edge of the sofa.

ags

Chairs??? Wicked child! In our house we sit on spikes..

I still game at my desk on the xbox, mainly because that justs where my xbox is. I actually find it more confortable than my sofa for extended periods though. I get backache just watching a film from the sofa in the living room.

Associate
I have a recliner chair which I move about a metre, sometimes less away from the TV (52") when I am gaming, as I need to feel focussed on the game which I can't achieve by being on the sofa!

However... it does depend on the game - a lot of sports games I can play happily lounged on the sofa, and even some platformers - but anything FPS or anything very competative I need to be close and "IN THE ZONE!"

What this man said.

Soldato
Laid back on the sofa! Or well bed at the moment, but I prefer sofa :) I'm not a big fan of PC gaming for that reason as I have to sit so close and it's just not the same to me.

Also have a very bad habit of having to have my feet up on something :( Being on the PC the wall is just in the way and I get annoyed after an hour.

Soldato
Growing up with all the old classic FPS games on PC, I tend to sit forward. The only reason I moved to console was because all my mates had consoles and I seemed to be missing out on the fun. I'll bring a chair up to a metre away from the TV and lean forward in the TV, I just feel I focus better this way. For Beat 'Em Ups it's even worse, I'll start out learning forward but if the fight starts to get really close I actually stand up no idea why I do it.

I just can't aim when I lay back, I feel like I miss stuff too on screen. I have a mate who's pretty decent at FPS and he can lay flat on his back in his bed playing FPS, I have no idea how he does it.

Caporegime
I can't concentrate if I'm lying down when playing a game so I have to sit up, usually with my legs crossed and a cushion in my lap to rest my elbows on.

Cool story bro. :p

Back
Top Bottom