Second Monitor Occasionally No Signal

Soldato
Hi everybody,

My PC is a fairly recent build and I have had very few issues with it. One very minor issue is that every now and then, maybe 1 in 10 startups, my second monitor will not receive a signal.

My solution to that is to remove one of the display cables (it doesn't matter which) and plug back in. Then it is solved for the rest of the time the PC is on.

I have two Electriq QHD 27" monitors (eiQ-27MQ95FSHDRU). They are both plugged into my 3060 Ti FE.

Ironing out the few little creases to this otherwise perfect PC would be fantastic, any help on this would be appreciated.

Permabanned
What is the power status of all the items. Do you just let everything go in to sleep mode or is everything physically turned off at night? How do you turn it back on? All at once?

Soldato
OP
What is the power status of all the items. Do you just let everything go in to sleep mode or is everything physically turned off at night? How do you turn it back on? All at once?

I just shut down the PC and let everything sleep. I don't switch it off at the wall.
When I go in on a morning the monitors are sleeping, red LED on. I power on the PC and sometimes both monitors wake up. Sometimes only monitor 1 wakes up.

I can't tell if it's a monitor issue or a GPU issue.

Permabanned
I just shut down the PC and let everything sleep. I don't switch it off at the wall.
When I go in on a morning the monitors are sleeping, red LED on. I power on the PC and sometimes both monitors wake up. Sometimes only monitor 1 wakes up.

I can't tell if it's a monitor issue or a GPU issue.

I have seen this problem before with a monitor. It just fails to wake up. I am pretty sure it was an Electriq monitor as well. I would contact their Customer Services. It may be an issue they are aware of, oh and yes, I am almost certain it is the monitor.

Soldato
OP
I have seen this problem before with a monitor. It just fails to wake up. I am pretty sure it was an Electriq monitor as well. I would contact their Customer Services. It may be an issue they are aware of, oh and yes, I am almost certain it is the monitor.

Hi, I took your advice and contacted customer services. They said to take the monitors off eco mode as they sometimes don't wake.

Will see if that works, cheers!

Soldato
OP
I have switched the DP cables at the GPU end and now it's the main monitor that won't come to life until I unplug and plug back into the GPU.

So surely it can't be the monitor. It must be the cable or the GPU? I have just received delivery of a new DP cable, I will switch over and see if that works. Hopefully it is the cable and not the port on the GPU....

Soldato
OP
Switched out the DP cable to the GPU left port. Both cables have 90 degree adaptors to hide them, so I have switched those over now. If the problem moves back to the second monitor then it must be the adaptor. If it does not, it must be the output on the GPU right?

Associate
Sounds like the issue is elsewhere, but for the problem with monitor and suspected eco mode, I would consider getting a decent master-slave extension lead.
Handy things anyhow, although some don't work unless the master drops to below 1W which can be tricky with mobo's still supplying power to USB ports etc.
Cables can be tricky, recently had one HDMI-DVI cable which is supposed to be usable either way but only works one way, but another works fine.

Soldato
OP
So far the support from Electriq has been:
Email 1 - Turn off ECO Mode
Email 2 - It's a Windows problem, not the monitors

While I still suspect it's the GPU, due to it being the same port not waking up either monitor, I suppose it could also be something software related, whether it's Windows, drive, BIOS or whatever. This is where my knowledge and experience of PCs falls off a little.

Back
Top Bottom