Security Systems

Associate
Hi All

Can I start the discussion on this, anyone offer any advice???? (Yes open question so will explain what Im after but anything in regard to security would be great)

I have a large detached house with external garage at bottom of garden with cars and motorbikes in. (Willy waving stopped now..... House is a complete state inside so its a long term project)

Cameras:
I would like some CCTV (Deterrent) but also so I can view outside house/garage on phone late at night if dog barks. I would like the ability to view these away from home while at work. (Garage and house 50m apart)

I have been looking at SWANNONE stuff, anything else I should look at?

Alarm:
This needs to be pet friendly as cats and 25kg black lab will roam house, however need to cover a house and garage which is 50m from the house. Id like this to be a smart system to contact my phone also. I see you all mentioning Ricoche by Texecom, however these are wireless and I know how easily it is to block wireless signals etc....so I think I should go wired on most of the house?

I have just bought the place and its a mess, every room needs decorating so Id like to know any cabling I can feed in now to help all this (Along with the CAT 6 for all the A/V network stuff)

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Swann for CCTV appears to be the kit to go for, you can access pretty much any old CCTV on your phone via an app though, I have a chinese one and I can still access it via my phone.

don't know much about alarms unfortunately but I would probably be looking at motion detection in any part of the house that the dogs are blocked from going to and door/windows sensors everywhere else, maybe glass break detection ?

Soldato
Have a look in the large CCTV thread in this forum. Hikvision has a good reputation for cameras though recent changes but supply can be an issue.

The Hikvision DVRs can be access from a web browser or mobile app remotely.

Soldato
I have a Synology NAS. That I use for backups, Media and CCTV. And half a dozen HiKvision cameras.

There is a big CCTV thread as mentioned above.

We could defo do with an alarm thread though. Soooo many choices. I'd need wireless as we are near the end of our renovation and I hate wires on show so it'll have to be wireless now.

However I'd be surprised if the local scrotes knew how to disable a wireless alarm and there are better/easier targets in our area

Associate
OP
I have a Synology NAS. That I use for backups, Media and CCTV. And half a dozen HiKvision cameras.

There is a big CCTV thread as mentioned above.

We could defo do with an alarm thread though. Soooo many choices. I'd need wireless as we are near the end of our renovation and I hate wires on show so it'll have to be wireless now.

However I'd be surprised if the local scrotes knew how to disable a wireless alarm and there are better/easier targets in our area

Too easy sadly, I cant link just just google jammer4u.
I used to work for Thatcham (Vehicle crime) do not bother with a tracker on your car, blocked for devices for £30

Soldato
I used to work for Thatcham (Vehicle crime) do not bother with a tracker on your car, blocked for devices for £30

Most modern/decent wireless alarm systems are 2 way and will detect jamming.

Associate
OP
Most modern/decent wireless alarm systems are 2 way and will detect jamming.

Yeah maybe Im being too nervous on that front and its different to a car tracker thats only communicating one way.
But means the panic button wont work which does worry me with modern type burglaries with weponds

Last edited:
Soldato

Ah so they would have to jam ALL my WIFI too.

If so that would set off another alarm. So I'd know. But wouldn't sound the "Alarm"

Back
Top Bottom