Selfishness

Soldato
So I got called selfish tonight by my girlfriend.
We went to M&S where I spent £16 on dinner. She asked if she could take leftovers for lunch to which I said no as planned to have tomorrow for both our dinners instead of spending more money. I then got called selfish
She pays towards food and I pay for other things - mortgage, bills, holidays and most lunch and restaurant meals.
I'm rather fuming so just needed a rant really

Does that sound selfish to you?

Soldato
OP
All sorted - she apologised and took some for lunch and having my leftovers later.

As usual GD delivers. “Ditch her” “poo in letterbox” “ovary punch” “lasagne punch” etc. etc. :D

Soldato
OP
Nailed it. How could anyone have excess cash to spend on things like PCs, motor bikes, nights out with the lads... And the wife gets to sit and watch because she works minimum wage, so all out of funds.

You could argue that's a form of abuse. The same man would probably think he was entitled to the house upon divorce, because he pays the bills etc.

On the flip side it forces those (man or woman) on minimum wage to do something about it if they want nicer things.
Personally i like spending money (holidays, gifts etc.) on my girlfriend.
That said, she’s also working hard with her career so she will have a better salary (and can buy nice things herself and for me) in years to come.

I couldn’t be with someone who was happy plodding along on minimum wage / low paid job. There needs to be a reasonable match of personality and salary. Guess its fine if both parties are on an equal wage, be it low or high

Back
Top Bottom