Selling bike

Soldato
I have a rockhopper sl pro 2010 that hasn’t been ridden since probably 2011 (and even then not much) and am looking to sell - any there any sites/places that make this easy?

Soldato
I've had my bike on both Facebook and Pinkbike for months. The only interest has been idiots offering next to nothing for it and asking if I can 'post' it to weird places when it quite clearly states local delivery only or pick it up yourself.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had my bike on both Facebook and Pinkbike for months. The only interest has been idiots offering next to nothing for it and asking if I can 'post' it to weird places when it quite clearly states local delivery only or pick it up yourself.

What's the age and percentage of RRP you're selling it for?

I'm wondering if now is the peak of buyers market. Covid i think has helped saturate the market.

fez

fez

Caporegime

I'm wondering if now is the peak of buyers market. Covid i think has helped saturate the market.

Its hard to say. Most people are asking way too much for bikes right now and plenty have just forgot they have them I think. So there are plenty of bikes for sale but they are overpriced.

Associate
A friend who is bike crazy said the bike market is on its backside and new models are being offered at ridiculous
prices.
This.
You're looking at huge discounts right now on new bikes. What people were recently selling 18 month old bikes for you can now pay that price for the latest model brand new.
Buyers market at the moment, if you can afford to wait I would.

Caporegime

Same, my bike is pretty much worthless now.

Decided to keep it, but with a new bike coming probably Jan/Feb i'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and sell it at a stupid price.

Associate
Used to rate gumtree for shifting bikes but, as others have said the market seems to be really stagnant right now with many ads seemingly up for months. Even those bikes and bits that are reduced over time don't appear to be shifting that easily unless really keenly priced. That's probably the crux of it: if it's cheap enough it will shift on marketplace or gumtree but be prepared for chancing muppets regardless..

Soldato

It's a 2021 Cube Reaction TM that's only been ridden a few times, and never in anger. Paid £1200 (new) for it back in 2021, started by trying for £750 six months ago and then relisted for £600 and still get the same Muppets offering £100.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a 2021 Cube Reaction TM that's only been ridden a few times, and never in anger. Paid £1200 (new) for it back in 2021, started by trying for £750 six months ago and then relisted for £600 and still get the same Muppets offering £100.

Definitely reasonable then. £100 is just dumb, why would you even entertain that.

Just took a quick browse on CRC, lots going for 80% off RRP which is mad. Even given the certain brands that discount from day one, prices are low.

Probably just worth keeping the bike. Even a lack of sensible offers is not a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom