• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling my RTX 3080 and upgrading to 6900XT for Forza 5????

Associate
Supposely the benchmark is not working properly on AMD GPUs. I think it was Digital Foundry that said it or somewhere else but the 6800XT is better than the 3080 in FH5. By the way I am running FH5 at 1440p 144hz with everything almost maxed out (I think 1 or 2 settings are slightly lowered) and it is always stuck at 144hz.

Edit: You can see it in this article as well. Nvidia GPUs performs about 10% better compared to the build-in benchmark results, the 6900XT gets 30% better FPS compared to the tool.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...on-5-pc-performance-benchmark-30-gpus-tested/

Last edited:
Associate
Make sure you are using 21.11.2, might have more performance for for Forza Horizon 5.

All the benchmarks posted have been done on the previous driver too.
will try now! thanks dude

think I'm around 100FPS atm. 1440p max everything

few slow down at times thou :S

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD had significantly lower performance in the benchmark than in game whereas Nvidia's performance in the benchmark was representative (not sure if this is fixed yet, also SAM makes a significant difference). I think Digital Foundry said this.

GameGPU is supposedly an unreliable source (their benchmarks are created using guesswork according to people on here), AMD is at least equal in this game and probably faster with the latest driver which improves performance significantly.

Caporegime
Only Forza Vista which is a garage where you can view the cars, not in gameplay.

For some people, even that is too much RT :p ;) :D

Here's how my performance is, both at 4k and 3440x1440, I never use motion blur and 8xmsaa in this is pointless, still get pretty bad shimmering/aliasing, only way to somewhat reduce it is by enabling FXAA on top of MSAA but then it's a blurry mess. Shame they didn't add TAA or/and DLSS/DLAA.

ROzB6z6.jpg

pb8wrkw.jpg

When playing on my 4k, I lock fps to 60 with vsync though as no free/g sync:

3V0SkGa.jpg

Game runs superb for me, no texture loading/rendering or fps stutters/drops issues, even at 4k after 2 hours, VRAM usage is always around 9-9.5GB and for 1440P about 8-9GB

Permabanned
..... 3080Ti to them but the LHR will hinder value. Bloody good on Forza 5 though hitting over 80fps constant at 4k max.

I can't imagine a 3080 to 6900XT would be noticeable in the game unless you have FPS counter on.

Spot on! OP an RTX 3080 performs better than a 6900XT in some games, and then the 6900XT performs better than the 3080 in some games.

If you want to play games with Ray Tracing, stay away from the 6900XT ;) It used to be DLSS as well, but AMD have caught up and made their own FSR (But even that might have a limited games list).

Last edited:
Associate
Only Forza Vista which is a garage where you can view the cars, not in gameplay.

Seems so weird to invest the time for Vista mode only. Maybe they plan on patching it into the game later since there are already mods for that (apparently).

Associate
OP
Just wanted to say thanks for the input guys and for doing the benchie and gathering information. The thread got a lot more response than I expected.
I ended up selling the NV card and ordering up a MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO as it was the cheapest I could find. Might not be much difference, might even live to regret swapping over, will find out tomorrow.

Permabanned
Just wanted to say thanks for the input guys and for doing the benchie and gathering information. The thread got a lot more response than I expected.
I ended up selling the NV card and ordering up a MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO as it was the cheapest I could find. Might not be much difference, might even live to regret swapping over, will find out tomorrow.

Congrats, was it a used card?

Back
Top Bottom