send 360 save saves to mate

Soldato
Hey all,

Me and my flatmate used to share an xbox 360 but he's just moved away down south and bought a new xbox, leaving his game saves up here.

Simple question: How do I get him his saves?

I've tried moving them to a flash pen (does 4mb sound right?). I was going to take an image of the pen and send him the image to burn to another flash pen and plug into his own xbox... but its formatted in some wierd format and is showing in windows at taking up all the space on the flash pen (4GB). I've also read that doing it this way is DRM protected and at the other end he wouldn't be able to transfer the games to his new xbox?

I do have an xbox memory card.. could I move the saves to that and just post it to him?

Obviously if there is a way of doing it digitally that would be preferred..

Cheers for the help!

Soldato
Theres no way of just extracting the saves, however you can extract the whole folder but its in your case 4GB, wouldn't it be easier just sending him your pen drive in the post?

Soldato
The saves are just tied to the profile aren't they? They should work on other machines, as long as it's still under the same profile.

Not sure about image copying/sending via the net, but at the very worst, I'm fairly certain you can just post him the USB drive, and have him send it back when he's done.

Soldato
Xtaf will read the file system of the usb drive. Move saves to flash pen, use xtaf to extract them from it on pc. Send the files to him however you like. Then he can use xtaf to inject them back into another pen drive formatted by the 360. Then just copy them over using the 360, should all work fine as long as he is still using the same profile.

Soldato
OP
Yeah he's going to recover the profile from xbox live. I found that Xtaf program last night and will have a play around with it tonight. Another option would be to make a tiny 50mb ish partition for the USB pen, let the xbox format that how it wants, back up the save data to that partition, take an image of that, compress it (would be mostly zeros so should compress nicely) then send to him. At the other end, he'd just have to do the reverse.

XBox memory card is no longer an option as it appears he took it with him when we moved out and it is now somewhere at his parent's house.

Will let you know how it goes!

Soldato
insert usb pen drive 1mb will probably be enough, go to memory and enable it for 360 use, copy profile and game saves to stick, send to mate....profit?

Seems a lot easier than what you are doing? he can return the drive if needed :)

Associate
insert usb pen drive 1mb will probably be enough, go to memory and enable it for 360 use, copy profile and game saves to stick, send to mate....profit?

Seems a lot easier than what you are doing? he can return the drive if needed :)

Agree with this.
Everything else just seems so complicated ;)

Back
Top Bottom