Sending HDD back to o/c under Dist. Sell. Act. but got RMA No...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Just a quick question about sending the WD 320Gb (3200KS) hard drive i got on Friday back to Overclockers (thread in the hard drive section about why i want to return it).

When i spoke to o/c today on the phone i said i wanted to send it back under the 7 day Distance Selling Act but i was asked why did i want to return it?
I replied it caused to much vibration in the case (Antec Sonata II so they are mounted on rubber grommets to cushion the noise), more so than a non-FDB 36Gb Raptor i have in there which cant be right! I wasnt sure if the drive was actually faulty though as i might be just to picky (although i could hear it humming when led in bed upstairs (PC downstairs) last night!!).

Anyway let me cut to the chase...

o/c sent me an email with an RMA number and details of how to send it back saying anything found not faulty would be charged to me!

However as i am (wanting to at least) returning it as a "7 day Distance selling Act" return should i still put this RMA number on the box/correspondance?
Or does an RMA mean its just a return code and i'll be ok under the 7 day ruling? :confused:

Help! :(

Caporegime
Just return it using the RMA number like you would returning a faulty product, that's what I did recently returning an item under this act.

The RMA number is just so they know what the deal is, ie. they will receive your item look at the RMA number and then see on their computers that you want to return it as part of the DSA.

InQ

InQ

Associate
OP
mmj_uk said:
Just return it using the RMA number like you would returning a faulty product, that's what I did recently returning an item under this act.

Ok thanks....written some spiel to go in the box anyhow explaining i want me dosh back under the act! :)

Man of Honour
should be fine using the RMA number provided since they should hopefully have notes assigned to that ref about what is going on. Will have to close this now, but any more questions would be best to contact the shop directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom