Sennheiser GSP 600

Associate
think that was one friend was talking about other day? The mike is phenomial almost studio recording quality could record and not many would know wasn't done with a reference set up
Sound stage is meant to be the mutts buttons also
There was an article about headsets and they was saying far better off with studio type cans over 7.1 multi driver as the softwear driving single driver unit cans off the sound cards/units is so good and a far better sound stage which isn't limited like the ones with multi driver units in each side by size of them which give poor depth and bass response.
With far better depth of perception so can place everything as he was saying have some expensive razer multi driver cans and some cheaper single ones and the cheaper ones trounce the more expensive ones Kracken i think so much so the others are up for sale at a cheap price.
So if havent got get a good sound card set up right with best drivers and a pair of those and good to go.

Caporegime
OP
Well i cant say i am blown away. Less bassy more mid, not something i am so into.
Give a week i wont even notice.
Not sure why these are nearly 200 quid full price... That is ludicrous.
Very snug/tight on my head. which i like.

I've bought a SB AE5 to try it with that too. See if I can play huge quality 384khz stuff and notice the difference.

Soldato
Well i cant say i am blown away. Less bassy more mid, not something i am so into.
Give a week i wont even notice.
Not sure why these are nearly 200 quid full price... That is ludicrous.
Bass is harder to balance in closed design and Sennheiser might lack experience for better tuning.
They're simply very focused to open headphone design (after inventing it) and whole line up above low end is open headphones.
And if it has also rolled off Sennheiser treble...

That 384kHz is audiofoolery BS, just like Super Audio-CD etc.
Unless you happen to be bat or dog, which I doubt.:p

Soldato
First minute of this is excellent test for gaming capabilities of headphones:
Besides directinality there should be clear feel of distances with sounds actually feeling coming from different distances.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks yeah ive listened to that before and tbh the HyperX clouds on the onboard soundcard did a fairly decent job of varied sound distances and directions

With the AE5 and this headset, it's just crazy loud and overpowering right now. I got a lot of settings to tweak down and remember what does what with Creative soundcards, some of the names have changed but the effects are very memorable.

The headphone amp on this card is awesome. God knows why i thought the onboard sound was decent. Im back in Soundblaster heaven! I feel like I'm ten years younger.

THe Soundblaster Connect 2 software is ****** terrible though... IS there anything better? Alternative, like a basic control panel version i had on the xFI gamer?

Back
Top Bottom