Sensible or not so.

Soldato
Hmm I've found a few. Here, here and here. What's the deal with the infotainment between the years?
RNS-E is the one to have if you want to stay with Audi but I have the Pioneer AVH x 3700DAB in mine which works well and sounds a lot better than the stock Audi HU
Bose is gimmicky IMO, the difference in quality comes from the additional amp you get with it where as with the better HU I believe the Bose is unecessary. The amps are prone to fail too.

The most impressive thing with the TT though IMO is the quattro. Something nothing else in it's class offers. The engines map up nicely too :D

Caporegime
OP
RNS-E is the one to have if you want to stay with Audi but I have the Pioneer AVH x 3700DAB in mine which works well and sounds a lot better than the stock Audi HU
Bose is gimmicky IMO, the difference in quality comes from the additional amp you get with it where as with the better HU I believe the Bose is unecessary. The amps are prone to fail too.

The most impressive thing with the TT though IMO is the quattro. Something nothing else in it's class offers. The engines map up nicely too :D

Okay cool, thanks for the info.

D'oh, didn't spot :p

Plus it's the one in my OP. :p

VX220 / S2000.

Should have less scary bills than Z4 etc.

Are S2000 really that solid?

Soldato
If you’re on limited mileage the S2000 has damned good residuals too!

Check the oil regularly (although mine didn’t use a drop) and see if you can get one with a suspension refresh already done. Otherwise there is talk of gear synchro problems but otherwise it’s pretty solid.

Soldato
11k and you're thinking 350z, why not check the 370z market out.

Having driven them all I found the 350z to be the most fun but it comes down to personal preference.

S3 or S4?

Associate
S2000 - TT’s just have an awful image and the 350z whilst handsome is very average.

The S2000 is a real drivers car - worth considering

Both the S2000 and 350z are real drivers cars though they have different character. Would have loved to own an S2000 for a bit and I don’t think you would lose any money on one if decided to sell in a few years so definitely worth thinking about.

I would drive them and see what you like, the joys of looking for a new car is surely that you get to test drive some cars :). I really disliked the TT when we tried one though, didn’t make me smile like the Zed did and still does 5 years on

Soldato
Having owned all of the cars you've mentioned, with the exception of the i30 and the Ibiza, I'd say - Get a Z4. I hated my 350z with a passion btw.

Soldato
Having owned all of the cars you've mentioned, with the exception of the i30 and the Ibiza, I'd say - Get a Z4. I hated my 350z with a passion btw.

Why did you hate your 350Z? Not sure I’d go for a Z4 over the S2000 personally unless it was a newer generation one with >300 bhp.

OP - did you get a chance to line some cars up for a test drive?

Soldato
Why did you hate your 350Z? Not sure I’d go for a Z4 over the S2000 personally unless it was a newer generation one with >300 bhp.

OP - did you get a chance to line some cars up for a test drive?

I just found it too lumbering and vague. Best way I can describe it really. Also, I didn't like the interior. I bought it shortly after the TVR was written off, so that didn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom