Server cabinet vs Gaming PC Case

Associate
Hi all,

I currently have a Corsair 540 Air. I don't like the case build quality and it just sits under the desk so out of sight to a degree.

I've been considering getting a cabinet and moving my PC (currently in the 540 Air) into a 4U chassis and likewise for my media server in there too.

It wouldn't need to be very big and my thinking is that the cabinet could replace one of the shelving units holding the desk surface up.

The main point of contention is noise. My PC is currently rather noisy when under load, I've replaced all the Corsair tat with Noctua 120mm/140mm units, but there are 8 fans in the chassis, plus 2 for the CPU and then the graphics card fan.

In all honesty the thing that makes the most noise is the graphics card, next time I upgrade I'll get an EVGA Hybrid - but am I kidding myself in thinking a cabinet would/could be quieter than my current setup? I'd have thought I will get good airflow from a 4U chassis with front intake and back exhaust, but you can't get away from air moving = noise and closed insulated cabinet won't have good air flow...

Anyone done anything similar? I don't want to spend £500 on a cabinet only to find it's worse than my current setup.

Back
Top Bottom