SETI@home News Vol. 109 (01/07/2010)

Soldato
OP
Slight change of plan again with the news.

I'm going to put it back to Fridays from now on; as things stand it doesn't make too much sense posting it on Thursdays anymore, as I'll probably be waiting all day for the stats to update - if, indeed, they do get updated in time for me to do the news to a decent degree of accuracy on Thursday.

Soldato
Ha ha!

Ahh the sound of fans kicking into action :p

Yup i couldn't stand the quiet for too long am folding too :)

Slight change of plan again with the news.

I'm going to put it back to Fridays from now on; as things stand it doesn't make too much sense posting it on Thursdays anymore, as I'll probably be waiting all day for the stats to update - if, indeed, they do get updated in time for me to do the news to a decent degree of accuracy on Thursday.

Makes sense TT thanks for the update :)

CGS

CGS

Associate
Man of Honour
Biffa - Why folding and not Rosetta - no reason other than simple curiousity?

I've done both in the past. Folding because we have a good team that is losing numbers, but we have thrown some kit at it and have stopped slipping down so fast. Plus its my pet project along with Seti :)

Rosetta, nothing wrong with it just not played with it that much except I had it as an alternative project way back when I just did Seti.

I guess the main reason is Rosetta doesn't use the GPU. So its of less interest technically to me. Science wise I think its on a level with the other protein study sciences, but no GPU = no me :)

Soldato
mmm mine has 96 cores

Would a GeForce GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card be better with 128cores or does clock speed count a lot as well ?

Yes it would be better, dont know your budget but a second hand 9800GX2 would give you 256 cores and I just happen to have one for sale :)

Soldato
Evening Mr Halz sah, i know your a buisy man but when you get a chance - no rush - can i get if not the same tiffy but one of the like of the first ones you did, would be much appreciated and this time i will keep a back up....cheers :)

Soldato
Evening Mr Halz sah, i know your a buisy man but when you get a chance - no rush - can i get if not the same tiffy but one of the like of the first ones you did, would be much appreciated and this time i will keep a back up....cheers :)

I'm not sure what you mean mate, tiffy ?

Soldato
Sorry....had a Toxic moment...siggy, one begs ones pardon, tis the pills! :D

Didnt save the other one, will this do ?

sigbm.jpg

CGS

CGS

Associate
Yes it would be better, dont know your budget but a second hand 9800GX2 would give you 256 cores and I just happen to have one for sale :)

May get back to you on that as i have a few other options to explore :)
When is seti back up thought it was only three day downtime ?

Soldato
No worries.

Yes it is the weekly 3 day outage, trouble is when they go back online the entire seti community tries to connect to get some work and it crashes.
So its a 4 day outage really :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom