Settings for Samsung 970P?

Associate
I have just bought the above monitor and I am very pleased with it. I did have initial problems with the Magic Tune software that froze the computer after 30 seconds use. Managed to solve this by configuring Mcafee firewall to allow the software to connect to the internet. I had an old IBM 18.5 inch LCD before and I am amazed that colours have appeared from nowhere whereas before everything on the Internet was a shade of white!! Would be interested to know what settings anyone has and whether magic colour is a gimic or is really neeeded to show off the monitor's outstanding contrast? I am also surprised that my new display cannot display any resolution, other than it's native, without it being blurred. Even my antique IBM could display 3 different resolutions with no noticeable drop in quality. Cant complain thought, it's a stunning looking beauty and I'm well chuffed!

Associate
hi,
glad to hear you are enjoying yours as well..
i've got the following settings on mine at the moment.
Brightness :80
Contrast :50
Clour tone is off
Red set to 40
Blue/green 50
Gamma +0.1
So Magic Bright is at custom.
I did find that the lack off buttons to make adjustments a bit of a pain to start with and the calibration tool wasn't the easiest to work out,but with a lot of fiddling I have found a good set up although I still make ocassional adjustments :)
I agree it is a lovely looking monitor and has a good build quality to it.Can't say I have tried any other res.
Only thing I have noticed is if you scroll one click on a mouse wheel on some web pages with a white back ground that have gray horizontal lines or boxes they turn pink for a split second as the page is being moved up or down ?!!
Not sure if this is a calibration thing or what.It only happens rarely but it is a strange effect.

Associate
OP
Samsung Settings

Hi Steve,

Have you used Magic Colour at all? I tried the demo and it appears to make dark colours darker and light colours much brighter! I switched it on when watching a DVD but the difference was negligible. Looking at you're settings mine are almost identicle. I know you should go with what suits you individually but it's interesting to hear what preferences other people have.

Steve T

Associate
Yep same here i've tried it but I prefer it switched off.
On the above pink blur I was experiencing,I re did the calibration and it's gone so thats a relief :)

Back
Top Bottom