Severance

Could not see a thread on this one.

On Apple TV

Not related to the film with the same name.

I watched the first one without watching the below trailer and really quite enjoyed it. I think this has some legs.

I actually suggest not watching the trailer and going in blind TBH. It helps build up the mystery.

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoying it. Banged all 4 episodes last night and now have to sit on my hands for the weekly releases!
Really haven't a clue what's going on but suspect either the number of severed individuals is actually minimal, perhaps contained to the MDR department or the entire town is in on it.

Not sure what Helly is or what relation she has to the company or the Eagans'.

Soldato
A very intense ending but infuriating at the same time.

I had flashbacks to the cliffhanger The OA ended S2 on and quickly checked that a follow up season was being made.

Then again, Apple aren't Netflix so maybe they actually let creators finish their stories.

Man of Honour
What a finale that was.

Helly has just blown Severance wide open given that was probably a very important press conference.

I worry she is no longer required now - her going in was obviously the publicity stunt. If it's exposed as a lie, why would Helly need to go to work anymore?

Permabanned
I'm 4 episodes in and it's not terrible, when you're in the mood for this type of show.
Is it just me or do others tend to look out for the injected woke points that aren't really there it's just we expect it.
The consent to a hand shake after a meeting was the first one I noticed...or could someone explain that to me.

Caporegime
I can't say I really noticed any woke and usually I'm a big complainer of it.

I think it's more just how bizarre and surreal the show is, I can't remember the handshake moment though maybe I wasn't paying attention at that point

There's a large Severance sized vacuum in my weekly watch. Thankfully this will be replaced by Better Call Saul. Great final episode and I'm really looking forward to series 2. I just hope they can keep the energy going and it doesn't become like a lot of shows like this sometimes do after a good 1st series.

Caporegime
I'm 4 episodes in and it's not terrible, when you're in the mood for this type of show.
Is it just me or do others tend to look out for the injected woke points that aren't really there it's just we expect it.
The consent to a hand shake after a meeting was the first one I noticed...or could someone explain that to me.

It was purely to highlight the dystopian corporate setting. Remember they have all the rules like no inny romances so that a female outy doesn't accidentally get preggers and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom