• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

shader on cards

Associate
I tell you what, I frequent a few forums, but for petty arguments this place has it covered sometimes!! Lighten up you lot! (preferably with an advanced 3.0 shader :cool: :rolleyes: :D )

Soldato
lay-z-boy said:
What's the 8 series got to do with anything? :confused:

Quite a number of things i do/use and play use/need sm3

actually lol'd here :D

its really funny how things backfire. i bet there are n00bs out there that bought the x850xtpe gangster edition on the advice of others then they find that they can;t run a simple splinter cell game which happens to work on a 25 quid gf6200.

its causes so much hassle. even if it runs like a slideshow on the 6200 it will cause up a stir that the game refuses to even load up on a x850xtpe gangster editon.

dang i should have bought multiple copies of this game for xmas pressies to all the family. i would be in tears laughing at everyone who can;t run it. it would have been hillarious. :D :D :p

Soldato
beast said:
I tell you what, I frequent a few forums, but for petty arguments this place has it covered sometimes!! Lighten up you lot! (preferably with an advanced 3.0 shader :cool: :rolleyes: :D )

yea shader model 3.0 is old news, now its shader model 4.0 on the scene. but im saving those posts for the new year, so in 2 weeks time please join me on the " i have an itch in my crotch that only sm4.0 can scratch" threads. :D :D

Soldato
lay-z-boy said:
muhahahaha :D:D you evil man :D

man i should have done it, it would have just soooooo funny. everyone getting all hyped up to install the game then it not work, it would have made my xmas.

oh well i know what people will be getting this year for birthday pressies. :D

Associate
OP
wow

hey lighten up i got me answer that it. will i get a new card just for this game no the card is 4 years old and for now it does the job and i am not a grandad yet things move on its not the end of the world well not for me.

Soldato
Nah, keep your money until the games you like dont run well on your system, or a new game you actually like comes out, then upgrade the system and card. No point throwing money at a game which by all accounts is pretty poor :)

Caporegime
Cyber-Mav - congratulate yourself - you have somehow made my ignore list which used to only hold one water-loving forumite...

I actually remember when you joined the forums, as I had to correct you back then - it seems you really havent learnt in giving a less-than rounded opinion :rolleyes:

Just a shame that some on these boards actually listen to your 'advice' - I use that term VERY loosely...

Actually let me qualify my statement:

April 14 2004 - nVidia launch Geforce 6 series
November 17 2006 - Splinter Cell Double Agent on PC released. Only game to rely on only the SM3.0 path. Why? Not because it required SM3.0 technology to create its 'cutting-edge' graphics (must be cutting-edge if they have to resort to only supporting the latest shader path :rolleyes: ), but due to lazy programming by Ubisoft.

Only time SM2 was questioned as a viable graphics path?
April 1 2005 - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory released - coincidence?!? I think not...

Perhaps consider poor implementation rather than blaming the 'technology barrier' everytime you post? Might keep you quiet ;)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom