Shadow Warrior 2

Soldato
Can't see a thread on this so thought I'd start one.

The original (2013 version) was one of the best single player FPS games I've ever played, loved it from start to finish and so guess what, I can't wait for this.
It's shaping up to bigger, better and more violent with more WANG and now has some co-op action as well!

Made by Flying Wild Hog / Devolver as well so high quality is a certain.
No release date yet but this year is confirmed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/324800/

Can't link to videos due to constant swearies and cheesy inuendo! :D

Soldato
OP
Got mine from G2Play.
FFS 90% cmon, additionally I'm playing on a now ancient i7 860k @4ghz with 16gb RAM and a 980Ti so I guess we'll see how it runs. I'm hopeful given the minimum specs.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Didnt play the first one but bought due to the overwhelmingly positive reception and it looks really cool and i liked doom 2016! struck just how small the download is though 16 gigs, when most games these days are north of 50 gigs! guess, the textures aren't as high res and there isnt too much audio?

Side mission levels are proceeduraly created but the main story ones are fixed. Its actually very hard to tell between the two to be honest as its very weĺl done.

Soldato
OP
Agree Paul, I think it looks great and the contrast between the countryside and city is brilliant. Found the first and only bug so far that was a hole in the map, I fell straight through it.

4L3rbf4.jpg.png

Soldato
OP
Just finished the single player after 22 hours at lvl34 and didn't do every side mission, well worth the purchase price just for the single player imo and I haven't touched MP yet.

Also...
The weapon you get from the last mission aint to bad at all!

Soldato
OP
It's easily one of the best games I've played since Alien Isolation. Currently 12 hours in 38% progress but I am doing every side mission and also haven't done any MP.

Yeah I'm going to start again and this time do every side quest on insane instead of hard. The beast below helped me out quite a lot on some of the bigger enemies and bosses.

Sn9tABO.jpg.png

Soldato
OP
I only have about 7 hours played and I got notification that starting next mission is point of no return ? Does this mean I am nearing the end or am I misunderstanding something here ?

No it just means that any of the side quests that are outstanding won't be able to be completed, the reason is that even though they are side missions they are still tied directly into the main story. I'd advise doing them as you'll get some decent drops from some of the bosses on the levels.

Soldato
OP
What's the tactics with weapons?

I'm liking the double swords for close combat, but undecided on range (maybe the bow?)

As for jewels and upgrades, I'm a bit confused by them all so applying pretty much anything almost at random.

Powered up swords with Toxic & Ice shotguns for close with a couple of Fire & Electricity Guass rifles for range. I didnt really bother with bows, rocket or grenade launchers, pistols or machine guns but will try them as I play through insane.
For your main weapons to start with I'd suggest adding an elemental to them and then just applying as much damage as possible making sure you have a decent range of different elemental options to ensure you swap out to one that a boss isn't resistant to.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, watched some of TB's report the other day.

Given that I like SW1, and dislike Borderlands, and loot/loadouts/progression in general, what he said crystalised what I'd been concerned about with the changes they've made for this sequel. Disappointing.

If you like SW1 you will like SW2.
TB's video focuses on entirely the wrong things and misses one big point and thats the fun factor which is there in spades and it plays pretty much exactly the same as the 1st one, I really dont understand how anyone the liked the first one cant like this one.

None of the loot system has to be touched if you dont want to and neither does the multiplayer. The single player is as strong as the original just not as linear with a massive weapon selection and more player freedom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom