Shadow Warrior 2

Soldato
Hey, I like using a controller sometimes, its just the first wasnt viable to play on anything but casual.

This one you can dodge quickly and aim accurately enough and even use the chi abilities well enough to play on hard so far.

Soldato
Just under 3hours played and I love it, playing on hard atm and getting mob rushed is painfull.

The RPG and loot drops make the game quite addictive, with free roam missions that open as you play through the campaign.

Haven't touched MP yet but will do so after food ! So far it's bags of fun!

Associate
This looks interesting... anyone tested the SLI performance?

Make sure you set the game to Fullscreen , I thought it was but it actually was;
Fullscreen Windowed but the windowed part was hidden. My frames jumped massively and could instantly feel the game was smoother.

Singeplayer is totally fine.

980SLI here and performance was great however I got a grey screen driver crash so possibly my memory or core clocks were too high and this game managed to bring them out. I'm hitting 99%/98% usage on both cards which is really nice to see. Only other game so far this year thats done that is Overwatch.

Multiplayer was a totally different story though. I joined a hosts game and I saw really poor SLI scaling with my GPU's not being used as much and sometimes FPS was 15-30 then to 60 but felt jittery. I was yet to try what it was like if I was hosting mind. Rather odd.

Associate
Didnt play the first one but bought due to the overwhelmingly positive reception and it looks really cool and i liked doom 2016! struck just how small the download is though 16 gigs, when most games these days are north of 50 gigs! guess, the textures aren't as high res and there isnt too much audio?

Soldato
Didnt play the first one but bought due to the overwhelmingly positive reception and it looks really cool and i liked doom 2016! struck just how small the download is though 16 gigs, when most games these days are north of 50 gigs! guess, the textures aren't as high res and there isnt too much audio?

The game procedurally generates the levels and the textures are not super hi-res which helps cut down on the download size.

Soldato
By far the most fun I've had in ages. Five hours in and I just remembered you can parry attacks with melee weapons do'h !! :p

Nothing more annoying than death, you lose all your Chi and not to mention buckets of cash. I've lost out on quite a few skill points after being ganked to a pulp.

Wouldn't mind some co-op action if anyone fancies it tomorrow ?

Soldato
OP

Side mission levels are proceeduraly created but the main story ones are fixed. Its actually very hard to tell between the two to be honest as its very weĺl done.

Back
Top Bottom