Shall I upload to Youtube?

Soldato
OK so I've made a mix of all the tunes me and friends kept hearing on holiday using my DJing and video editing skills and I want to upload it somewhere so they can access it whenever they want.

All the music videos featured in the mix are available on Youtube from the actual labels (I've ripped them using Keepvid) so in that sense there shouldn't really be a problem but I know that's not how copyright holders view these things or how Youtube may.

I was going to upload to Facebook (which is where it'll go eventually) but that has a 1 gig limit and 20 mins. My mix is about an hour long and done in 1080p so that's a no go.

If not Youtube, is there another video upload site that aren't as hot on removing popular music as Youtube?

I've made numerous mashups and have received numerous copyright infringement emails from youtube but all the videos are still live.

Yeah I've seen audio mashups with a static picture as a background but this is a 'video mix' so is kind of a double copyright whammy.

Given the size the final file will be and the time it'll take to upload I don't want to do it if they're just going to delete it.

Vimeo might be worth a look or find a mate who has some hosting space to have your file on then share the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom