Poll: Shall we delete the Big Brother thread?

Shall we delete the Big Brother thread?

• Yes

Votes: 744 72.8%
  • No

Votes: 278 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Why is it when the World Cup is on and every programme, and news article etc make reference to it that we don't get loads of people demanding it be banned. When WC threads are started on here why isn't there a thread about deleting them? Loads of people have no interest in football and a strong dislike when every channel goes on about it endlessly yet we don't have this uproar? Why is that?

To clarify my position as well I love football, and bar the 1st series of BB I can't stand watching it and refuse to, but since I have the choice to simply not participate\watch, I simply don't. :)

Man of Honour
Murf said:
Why is it when the World Cup is on and every programme, and news article etc make reference to it that we don't get loads of people demanding it be banned.

I did, it got right on my nerves and even when we were knocked out I was fed up with the weeks of post mortem commentary. This country would be so much better without football and reality telly.

Soldato
AJUK said:
I did, it got right on my nerves and even when we were knocked out I was fed up with the weeks of post mortem commentary. This country would be so much better without football and reality telly.

I think it would be better without people who insist on trying to remove programs\sports that millions and millions of people enjoy. However, I don't want those people removing, as I respect their right to hold the opinion they do. No matter how utterly rubbish I think that opinion is.

Soldato
AJUK said:

You should get rid of your TV! :p

Man of Honour
shine said:
You should get rid of your TV! :p
Funny you should say that, I am seriously considering it. I only watched the Dispatches investigation and the Ray Mears programme this week. At every other time I turned on the goggle-box it made me depressed so I turned it off. I just haven't got the guts ot get rid of it all together.

I'm gonna start a thread about this.

Soldato
mike62 said:
It's all a cunning plan by Spie to cull the forums of 665 lapdogs (bye bye to everyone who voted to close the thread for no reason). :D

lol, that's one of the funniest posts in this thread. :D

Soldato
The thread is huge and entertains a lot of people. This forum doesn't always need to have a point you know, are people not allowed to have some pointless mindless chat now and again? I have no problem with it, i havn't been on to it once as it isn't my thing, but it seems to satisfy a lot of people judging by the size of it.

I really have no idea why so many people want it removed, if you don't like it, don't view it and quit trying to spoil fun for people who watch or find big brother interesting and want to discuss it with other people on the internet. There is far more crap and boring mindless drivel than the big brother thread on these forums.

Soldato
malc30 said:
Well said that man. :)
Absolutely. Popular views & beliefs should be debated, not censored.

We all know Jade is ignorant & not that bright, and that BB (and/or CBB) has become trash TV, but it's obviously popular culture - so to want discussion of it banned shows ignorance on the part of those that hold themselves in higher esteem.

End of.

Last edited:
Soldato
sparemips said:
Why is it still there ?
You haven't read the thread have you?

Everything has now changed, there is talk of making it a sticky to ensure everyone can find the thread as it is currently the most popular thread in GD and that it was in fact a witch hunt to out all those stupid enough to vote on something when they don't even understand the question. ;)

Suspended
daveyj27 said:
I am going to ask you a question, a question that has been asked many times now but has received not one valid answer:

Why shouldn't it be there?

It's a very simple question to me, so go on, give it a try.

cant you see the poll results?

Back
Top Bottom