Shared users - google business emails?

would it be worth bypassing gmail then and just using the hosts mailservers (vidahost) and then setting up outlook ? I've not really done much with emails

This is the setup I need:

emails in:
bob, enquires
john, enquires
fred, enquiries

emails out:
bob
john
fred, enquiries
booking (via website, never used as an actual inbox ie noreply)

so "fred" needs to be able to send from enquiries@ as well as fred and the others just need to see the emails coming into enquiries... any ideas on the best way please

Personally i think using your hosts email would be a bit on the bodgey side of things, especially as you'd need to setup [email protected] as a separate account and then imap to each users mail client.

Under Gmail, you just need to create the user accounts, then create a group for [email protected] and add the required users.
What i'm not 100% sure on, because i've never needed to do it, is allowing (specific) users to email from the address attached to the group; i suspect it is possible (you might need to give said users elevated privileges under Google Apps) but you'll need to look that one up.

As for the [email protected] address, you'd usually just leave it (just get your site to use the hosts SMTP). Although i've always stuck an account or distribution list (in this case group for Google Apps) on the end of the address as some numpty will reply and then get ****y when they phone up and complain that no one replied.
Obviously don't use the 'noreply' address for replies, rather the correct address.

Back
Top Bottom