1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing a netgear DG632

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by bbreezeuk, 30 May 2006.

1. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

hi all,
    firstly i have this modem rouer http://www.netgear.co.uk/wired_adsl_router_dg632.php
    and was wondering if anyone can help me share an internet connection via the ethernet port on the back as i am using the usb and my isp is AOL and im not using the software

2. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

anyone

3. tolien

Caporegime

4. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

well basicly i have the router connected to my pc via usb and i have a 25metre network cable going to another pc that i want on the internet at the same time, i have pluged the cable into the router and the pc but as you said u should be able to just plug it in and away you go on the internet but it doesnt work, is their anything i need to ghange on the pc or modem

5. tolien

Caporegime

Shouldn't be, but what exactly doesn't work?
    Does it work if you disconnect the USB?
    Does the machine that doesn't work show the connection as disconnected, or is it even seeing you've connected the router?

6. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

i will try and see if it works with the usb disconnected and check on the other pc but im not home right now so i will have to try it tommorow night

7. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

right i have tried it without the usb on just the ethernet and it doesnt work could this be down to the computers lan card or somthing

8. tolien

Caporegime

It might be, but you're still not saying how it "doesn't work"...

9. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

well, the connection on the pc says connected but the pc connected via ethernet doesnt have any internet, would it be easier if i sold the dg632 modem i have and just bought a dg834gt or somthing like that