Sharp 32" 1080p sets

Associate
I've heard about samsung releasing 1080p 32" sets in the states and wondered if there was any possibility of them coming over here to the UK. The models are:

Sharp LC-32D62U
Sharp LC32GP1U

Soldato
lol not sure what the exact model was, but the local "gaming" store had borrows a sharp 32" lcd from audio x. was connected to a ps3 . looked ok cost about £1200 the audio x guy was dismantling it at the time. i knew him as i do a lot of business in his store. said the next model up was another £100

i was in a hurry so wasn't paying to much attention. probably what u are talking about tho

Associate
Sharp Aquos LC-32GP1U

There's a huge thread on this over at HardForum - there are a few different models in the range, but it boils down to two products lines as far as I can tell:

Aquos LC-32GP1U (32" 'Gamer')
Aquos LC-37GP1U (37" 'Gamer')

Aquos LC-32D62U (32" 'Standard')
Aquos LC-37D62U (37" 'Standard')

The difference between the sets seems, from what they're saying on the thread, to be something called vyper drive technology (designed to reduce lag on inputs i think?) and the fact that the gamer screens have DVI connections as well.

The sets certainly seems to be going down well, and I'd be very interested to see if they were coming to these shores.

I was heading toward the Benq 24", but for what I want, the new sets look just plain better (especially with the continued 1:1 mapping problems over HDMI on the Benq).

Edit: sharp's new US brochure features the new screens now - page 11 for the standard versions, page 16 for the 'Gamer' editions

http://www.sharpusa.com/files/tel_dow_AQUOS_Full_Line_0107.pdf

Last edited:
Associate
OP
TALON1973 said:
cost about £1200 ....the next model up was another £100

Thats a bit steep for a 32" set! I suppose it is 1080p so they're gonna charge a premium for it. Was hoping for a proper conversion of the US price ($1200 = £700ish). Just need to convince myself by comparing displays that i dont need 1080p and save some money!

Back
Top Bottom