Shocked by the website experience

Soldato
Just a bit of feedback really, although I'd be interested to see if my views or shared.

Due to health, I haven't done a project in years, but I'm planning a small one and I hopped onto OCUK to start looking at parts.

I'm on mobile, and the website experience is, well, terrible. Specifically the cases section seems to involve copy pasting the products website, and dumping all the information in plaintext under 'Description' without any formatting. Below are specific points of aggravation:

- Features, specifications, dimensions are all just lumped together under 'Description'

- Every aspect of the product description is just plain text dumped into one category. No headers or formatting, just a wall of text as you try to search for the spec or feature you need

- No quick links to different categories (as they don't exist) and important information like dimensions isn't in a table for reference, or even separate

- Zero uniformity. The location, layout and seemingly even font/size varies for every product page. Finding what you need is painful.

- Often basic but critical information is missing, even things as simple as dimensions

I started to look elsewhere, and realised OCUK has the worst shopping experience of any PC hardware vendor I've visited.

Big or small, every other company has a website that makes finding the product, and information easier and provides a more professional, streamlined user experience. And having product pages lack things like case dimensions is, in my opinion, inexcusable.

Tldr; I'm shocked to discover the OCUK website has the worst shopping experience / product information pages in the industry.

Is it just me? Is some extension I'm running crippling their website but not affecting any other webshop?

What the hell happened to my favourite (and often only) PC hardware vendor?

Back
Top Bottom